FFX - Worth Getting?

I think it is. i liked the story, most of the characters. and it has a great soundtrack. the gameplay is fun too. its more linear, but still enjoyable none the less, and it ahs soem fun/challenging sidequests. i think if you like RPG's you should pick this one up.

Definitely worth getting. Long story, unique way to make your characters stronger (sphere grid), able to change characters during battle, awesome character designs.

It's right up there with IX as my favorite Final Fantasy title :grin:

Do you really need to ask?

I see no point in asking people if its a good game or not because you will see those who say yes and those who say no. It's far better to just TRY it yourself and make you own opinion. You can find it pretty cheap on eBay (condition varies).

Do you really need to ask?

I see no point in asking people if its a good game or not because you will see those who say yes and those who say no. It's far better to just TRY it yourself and make you own opinion. You can find it pretty cheap on eBay (condition varies).

I saw a brad new FFX(greatest hits edition) for 15 bucks on Amazon. I suggest people get that to try the game out, because you never know if a used game is going to work right.

The game is pretty great. Great story, great graphics, but has shitty characters (for the most part), shitty blitzball (I really hate it), and mainly shitty OST (Besides maybe a max of four tracks). So, if you like a great story, great graphics, and if you can stand having only a few good characters, as well as hate mini games and OSTS, then this is the game for you.

The game is pretty great. Great story, great graphics, but has shitty characters (for the most part), shitty blitzball (I really hate it), and mainly shitty OST (Besides maybe a max of four tracks). So, if you like a great story, great graphics, and if you can stand having only a few good characters, as well as hate mini games and OSTS, then this is the game for you.

X's OST happens to be my favorite OST along with VI's. I can respect your opinion though, but what exactly did you not like about the X OST? I thought it was nicely varied and great for the most part.

I saw a brad new FFX(greatest hits edition) for 15 bucks on Amazon. I suggest people get that to try the game out, because you never know if a used game is going to work right.

It all depends on whats wrong with it. When I buy used games i only buy them if they are complete (original case, case art, manual, disc). Plus if it says heavy scratches I ignore it as well. Plus with used games from eBay, amazon, or places like GameStop if it doesn't work you can get a refund.

This is just a friendly reminder to please keep on topic. I realize that prices and whether or not a game is new or used is valuable information to have...but this thread is about whether or not you think the game would be something the other members might be interested in getting for story/character purposes and etc. Thank-you! ~

Definitely worth getting! I know I've already posted earlier, but now I figured I'de give a more thorough opinion now that I've completed the whole thing. Easily either my first or second favorite Final Fantasy alongside IX, depending on the mood I'm feeling.

Characters: Of all the FFs I've played, these characters I feel the closest too. Each character has their own personal demons that they overcome. Tidus and Yuna is the best couple in all of Final Fantasy. Jecht is also one of the best villains I've seen, and it turns out he's not really a villain at all. Only Khimari, I felt, was underdeveloped. Auron is just a pure badass.

Battle System: I love this turn-based system. It literally is turn-based as opposed to having an ATB gauge. I also like how we can switch out party members in the middle of battle. I love to utilize all the character's strengths in a battle if they're all not uber powerful yet.

Story and setting: I found it very interesting how a lot of it ties into the concept of religion and corruption. The world is very beautiful to look at, especially in the CGI parts.

The Kissing Scene and Ending Scene: Of all the games that I've played, FF or not, this is the only game to make me cry. If a game can make me cry, or make anyone cry, then I believe that shows how emotionally powerful a game can be. This applies to the end though when Auron and Tidus pass away (I know about X-2, but that's not my concern here). The kissing scene was definitely romantic. Great story telling.

The only downfall I see about the game is Blitzball, but that's minor in comparison to everything else.

So in my opinion, this is a must play for all current and future FF players. Also I believe it's the last GREAT Final Fantasy game before everything started changing with XI and onwards.

X's OST happens to be my favorite OST along with VI's. I can respect your opinion though, but what exactly did you not like about the X OST? I thought it was nicely varied and great for the most part.

I don't know, it just didn't have many tracks that really captivated me. I listen to OSTs often, so it's nothing against instrumentals and what not. I'm into OSTs that really move me and can easily tell the story through the music, which I didn't really find in that OST. I guess I shouldn't say 'shitty' (I was having a pretty bad day when I made that post), but it isn't my cup of tea. I didn't find much harmony in most of the tracks, though there are some that I did rather enjoy (and maybe enjoy the most out of the entire series), but the OST as a whole just didn't come to par with me.

I don't know, it just didn't have many tracks that really captivated me. I listen to OSTs often, so it's nothing against instrumentals and what not. I'm into OSTs that really move me and can easily tell the story through the music, which I didn't really find in that OST. I guess I shouldn't say 'shitty' (I was having a pretty bad day when I made that post), but it isn't my cup of tea. I didn't find much harmony in most of the tracks, though there are some that I did rather enjoy (and maybe enjoy the most out of the entire series), but the OST as a whole just didn't come to par with me.

I can respect that. Thanks for going into some detail instead of going "CUZ DA MUSIC WUZ DUM!" like a lot of people do.:)

^No problem. I'm definitely glad you respect my opinion. I definitely like to explain my point and not act in the manner you described. That's just immature. ;)

... HELL YEAH!!! My favourite game of all time. The story, characters, gameplay, EVERYTHING about this game is bloody brilliant. Even now, more than ten years after its release, the graphics still amaze me. Being the first FF installment for the PS2 console, it didn't fail to deliver at all.

Look, mate, you'll just have to play it for yourself to see what I mean. Explanations alone is not enough!!! ENJOY!! :)

Absolutely worth getting.

I'm sure everyone in this thread picked at the story, the characters, the writing, the voice acting, the gameplay. But I want to focus on one specific part of this game, and that's the religion.

I love how they interpreted religion in this game, as being corrupt and existing merely to control society and everyone's beliefs. Digging deeper into the religion, gaining knowledge of it, let's you reveal some fucked up shit that goes on with the leaders. You get to see how people become brainwashed sheep, and loathe any idea that is created out of the box. Then you get to see those who are affected by it positively, and those who have strong faith and hope to keep them going.

It's a pretty realistic analogy, if you ask me.

In a word, no. For me personally, THIS is where the downfall of the FF series all began. I've already talked about it (along with its shitty direct sequel) elsewhere on this forum, so there you go. :elmo:

Back