FFX - Worth Getting?

Aztec Triogal

3-7-77
Veteran
Gil
Since this topic crops up so much, I figured I'd make a topic and sticky it.

Is this game worth getting? Please post your replies so that people who cannot decide can read this to make their decisions.

*edits thread title* this is the FFX Section Aztec =P

Anyway, X is definatly worth it - the japanese knew what they were talking about when they voted it "The greatest game of all time"

It has great music, story, and the battle system is <3

Okay, X is like...the second best FF game I've ever played.

The story line is rich and keeps you interested, I promise it does. The characters, some say are cliche, but I really say otherwise. It has such diversity that it makes you want to play over and over again.

The graphics are STILL awesome even for an earlier PS2 release. The VO's are done nicely although they don't match the movements of their lips much, unlike FFXII, which does.

The battle system is CTB and is done oh so well. It's the classic turn base but without the ATB gauge which I find rather pleasing.

Summons are greater than ever. They were beautifully done.

It's a MUST, MUST, MUST have for a final fantasy fan or even for a beginner.

Great game, but something felt missing.

The streamlined plot makes this one of my favorite designs for a game, as it really turns it into a story, rather than a series of events.

The battle system is really interesting, since you can use all characters in battle. That's a nice touch that adds a bit of realism (it makes you wonder what the rest of your party was doing in past FFs while your main group was battling).

The voice acting could be awful at times, and other times could be pretty good. The worst of it is Tidus being annoying at times and Yuna's VA trying to hard to make the words match lips and ending up sounding like William Shatner.

FFX is awesome.
The story is great, the characters have Voices! It adds so much to their personalities.
The Music is best of any FF game and the battle system is a great alternative to the others.
A Must Play for any FF Fan

I definitely recommend this title for people who want to get initiated in FF. It's easy to pick up, fun to play, and above all it has a great story and characters. It's an awesome and compelling game that begs to be played.

This game is one of my most absolute favorite FF's in the entire series. The storyline is deep and emotional. The different emotions ranging from happiness and humor, to anger to sadness have such a massive impact on you while you play is just amazing. You feel yourself really connect with the characters. There's all kind of fun sidequests for you to do, so many people to meet, great items to get and each character has it's own individual personality that strikes you. The music is just amazing! Sometimes the music is so dramatic you can feel it tug at your heartstrings, especially during certain scenes.

Despite the fact that the words might not always match up with mouths (considering this was the first FF game to actually have voice overs) it's still awesome. The summons are amazing and there are even hidden summons you can find! You can get ultimate weapons by doing sidequests, the FMVs are so realistic and the cutscenes are well done. The graphics are lovely and the facial expressions to match emotions are just wonderful. This is a definite must have for anybody who might just be starting out with Final Fantasy or anybdoy who does play but has not yet played this game!

Last edited:
Oh, I guess I did forget about the music. The music was awesomeeee. One of the best Soundtracks for an FF game I've ever heard. I had to download it right away.

my second favorite ff behind 7. awesome graphics, incredible music, good plot, smooth gameplay etc. the only things i didn't like about it were that it could be overly melodramatic at times and the cloister of trials could get pretty frustrating, i honestly didn't mind the linearity and the occasionally annoying voice acting too much. if you enjoy rpg's (especially ff) you should really like ffx.

Last edited:
I prefer not to make a game seem like THE BEST GAME EVAR because that's pretty much what ruined FFVII for me.

I say yay. This game has a couple of options some of the other Final Fantasies didn't.

Instead of an ATB system... You have a turn based system, which makes it easy to strategize with the bar on the middle right part of the screen. It indicates the battle flow. (I.E. Who's turn it will be next.) Every action you make could effect it and could mean the difference between survival and death.

6copy.png

If you don't mind the voiceovers, then you're very tolerant. Lemme post up a vid of the main character's voice: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=99&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

There's also the sphere grid. It's a bit annoying, because you have to make your character's stat increases manually. Understand that you don't get to choose which ones you want, but the ones on the sphere grid before you. Here is a picture of it:

You will also have to use certain spheres for certain nodes with your status increases in them. For instance.... There's an HP node that hasn't been activated. You will use a power sphere for all things related to power status such as HP, Defense, and Strength. For MP, Magic, and Magic defense stats, you'll use Mana spheres. For Speed, accuracy, and Evasiveness, you'll use speed spheres. Then there's luck spheres which aren't worth didly-squat. xD

You can only move to nodes that are connected, so it's best to look where you're moving before you do. There's also Lv. Key spheres, which usually block the way to more powerful abilities.

Blitzball!
You see how the opening here PWNS, right?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...560&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Blitzball isn't that hardcore, but it's definitely fun. You'll be addicted for hours on end. It's basically this game's version of secondary entertainment. There are players all over Spira that appear to be normal NPCs, but some of them are ready and raring to Blitz.

Note that you won't be able to play Blitzball whenever you want until after you play at Luca and lose or win the tournament.

And let's not forget the best part of FFX!

THE CUSTOMIZATION MENU!

This option allowed players to make their own equipment by gathering a certain amount of items and adding the abilities to the available slots of the item. Note that you can't pick the name of your weapon or it's shape, or I'd be head over heels for this game. <333

Some of the requirements may seem ridiculous, so I wouldn't suggest getting stuff like Dark Matters unless you plan on pwning everything in sight. xD

Also, you won't be able to use this option until you get Rikku and are right outside Guadoslam.

Last edited:
FFX has awesome music and game play. The story is nice as well, and the feel and colors the game shows is truly something to boast about. The places and towns were carefully designed, and the different auras each new place gives out is something gamers don't really pay much attention too but actually affects the overall game play.

Characters have interesting stories as well. :3

Definitely. The music is such a great plus for this game. ^_^

+ Side Quests and Diversions. Blitzball (if you're into sports :rolleyes: ) and all those monster hunting quests are quite addicting. There's also hidden aeons, so it's just as great to go looking for them.

+ Characters. Not exactly A graded, but they're still pretty good characters. I don't show animosity towards Tidus, and in fact I think he's a great character, as well as all the others.

+ Romance? Could compete with IX for the great romance part. :P

+ Battle System. If this was ATB, this game would have the perfect battle system if and only if combined with the fact that you can switch characters in and out of battle, allowing you to possibly gain experience for all involved.

FFx is easily my favourite FF games.
The battle system is good and so is the moves in it. The summons are better than good. My personal fav is Bahumat because it looks like a dragon and is powerful as shit.
I dont mind the voiceovers, I think they are perfectly suited to the characters.
There are a whole variety of places you can go which envoke wonder and awe.
Then there is blitzball. Kinda like a cross between football, rugby and swimming. Great game.

There is not a lot of bad things I can say about this game. All i can say about it is: Buy it coz it kicks ass!

This is probably my second favorite Final Fantasy game. If you are into Final Fantasy even a little bit, this is definitely one game you have to pick up. The story is rich and full. The characters are memorable. The land is vast, diverse, and full of historical information. The plot will always keep you interested every single step of the way.

Gameplay is strategic and very fun. Sometimes it's strategic value will make it play slow, especially at higher levels... but the strategy is incredibly important at low levels and really helps you make crucial decisions in battle. The music is also one of the best of any game out there. If you wanted an honest assessment, I'd say third best in the series.

it is defenitally worth buying it was my first final fanatsy and i still think is the most fun it has the best levle up system and has loads of sidequests to complete and doing everything including the spheregid can go well over 100:00 hours i am at 126 hours and not even done yet

This game is totally worth getting! Everything about it is just so epic. The storyline, the battlesystem, the characters, the NPC's and the sphere grid and so on. There is only one thing I do not like. The tunnel-like maps (like Besaid, Kilika and some others) but overall this game is one of the best games ever. Get it (<-- My name :O)

This game is totaly worth the cash. Characters are great, a very good battle sistem, eye candy summonings and spells, beautiful universe(except the Thunder Plains), epic story and a lot more but I can't think of them right now. Anyway this game is great.

+ The story has to be one of the best in the series. It's full of emotion and some truths that apply to our own world. There are many twists in the plot, unexpected surprises and touching moments that make you want to play further.
+ The romance in this game was good. Well developed and quite sweet at times.
+ The characters were good, and quite varied too.
+ The FMVs are some of the best out there. The graphics are, of course, good, but the scenes were also well chosen. Some of the transitions were also seamless. Some.
+ I actually thought the voice acting was good, and a plus. It added to the story and general
+ The graphics were generally very good, especially for that time.
+ The world was nice to explore, too. It was beautiful and certainly different from any other FF game. It had a more Asian feel to it.
+ The music was so expressive! I love the soundtrack to X. It's one of the best, in my opinion. =)

- The darn sphere grid! I found it highly tedious to use, and confusing. I suppose I didn't spend a lot of time working things out on it, though.
- Seymour! He would not go away! XD
- X-2...

But, in short. Yes. It's worth getting.

Last edited:
Yes, it is worth getting, even though I think it is very poor compared to other FF's. It's worth it for Auron. I enjoyed it the second time much more than the first time I played it.

very poor? Dude, I loved FFX. It was one of the best ones I've played since VIII, IMO.

The characters were done nicely, the VO's were okay-ish, the story line was nicely done and well explained, and the designs were beautiful.

Back