FFX - Worth Getting?

Meh, I didn't mean to bite off anyone's head. I was just in a typing mood, and I love FFX. :D

And about the spoiler tags, I just assumed that everyone played it. They're fun tags though, so I'll probably use them, even if they do make posts irrelevant. >>

Anyway back to the topic, yeah, character development wasn't nearly as large in characters like Kimahri and Auron. It's probably because they weren't hip youngsters but as I alluded to and some else said (too lazy to scroll up), most of his development was explained through
spheres that the party find.
They were still nicely placed characters to fill in parts of the plot and all that.

See, I dunno if I should've put those tags there, but I did anyway. :P

AH! If you don't have it, go get it! This game is sooo awesome and you cannot miss out on it. lol. Plus, it's cheap now. Psh. Gooo!

Nice battle system, good story, decent graphics. Great game!

Meh, I didn't mean to bite off anyone's head. I was just in a typing mood, and I love FFX. :D

And about the spoiler tags, I just assumed that everyone played it. They're fun tags though, so I'll probably use them, even if they do make posts irrelevant. >>

Anyway back to the topic, yeah, character development wasn't nearly as large in characters like Kimahri and Auron. It's probably because they weren't hip youngsters but as I alluded to and some else said (too lazy to scroll up), most of his development was explained through
spheres that the party find.
They were still nicely placed characters to fill in parts of the plot and all that.

See, I dunno if I should've put those tags there, but I did anyway. :P

Not everyone has played it yet so you definitely need to continue with using the spoiler tags. They don't make posts irrelevant. If somebody has played the game and is curious what you hid when you used the spoiler tag, all they have to do is place the mouse of your post and it shows up.

It's definitely worth getting. It has an amazing story and characters, a decent enough levelling system, and amazing music. I dislike the lack of summons occasionally (although 'quality over quantity' springs to mind; Bahamut is <3) and the world feels a little linear, but it's an amazing game and definitely one of the best games ever made.

It's definitely worth getting. It has an amazing story and characters, a decent enough levelling system, and amazing music. I dislike the lack of summons occasionally (although 'quality over quantity' springs to mind; Bahamut is <3) and the world feels a little linear, but it's an amazing game and definitely one of the best games ever made.

The leveling system isn't nearly as horrid as it was in X-2 and XII (by that I mean it doesn't take assloads of EXP to reach the next level). As for summons, I didn't feel there were too little. The optional summons add more (and they are definitely worth getting, too) and plus, the Aeons are usually cheap wins in fights (unless you're in the monster arena or something), so it would kinda take the fun out of things I think if you had a ton of Aeons at your disposal.

This game is most definately worth it. :D

It's got great characters, great graphics, greast system, and a greeeat storyline! Plus, awesome summons! :D

If there's one game i'd recommend to anyone, it's FFX. I got my Brother-in-law's 17 year old Bro hooked on it last summer and he flew through the game in less than a week almost. It's a game that captures you right from the start and leaves you hanging for more at the end.

Emotion, suspense, rock'n out to Otherworld, this game has it all. Go. Buy. Now.

Yea, it's one of the greatest game that SE made.
The world map is a bit different but I don't care and the romance crap in it have a unique way..

100%

I was not to sure about this game at first but i bought it took it home and it absorbed 3 weeks of my life :0

You should definetly get this game. I just got it this summer and already beat it by the end with all ultima weapons and summons got. This game was orobally the reason i like Final Fantasy

I personally think FF10 is a rent not a buy (unless it cheap of course) due to its uneven difficulty level, sloppy storyline and pathetically mushy love undercurrents. The characters are interesting but the fact that not enough happens in the storyline makes them rather redundant. The sphere grid is horrible, error prone (I've had to start 4 different games because of that grid screwing up my characters) and really unnecessary. Also the fact it wasnt realtime but rather turn based annoyed me alot.

The good points about FF10 however is the interesting and deep battlesystem, the fact that for the most part the voice overs we good, and it had extremely good art direction. Also the set pieces were amazing (macalania anyone?) and the music is some of the best in the series (The intro music is made of win).

i would not buy it i have to say this is were ff went downhill in my opinion ! just never got me interested enough to play it.

I personally think FF10 is a rent not a buy (unless it cheap of course) due to its uneven difficulty level, sloppy storyline and pathetically mushy love undercurrents. The characters are interesting but the fact that not enough happens in the storyline makes them rather redundant. The sphere grid is horrible, error prone (I've had to start 4 different games because of that grid screwing up my characters) and really unnecessary. Also the fact it wasnt realtime but rather turn based annoyed me alot.

1. It is cheap.

2. There's plenty to the storyline. It deals alot with church hypocrisy and religious persecution, plus you have all the other things like death being a main theme of the game and Yuna being possibly one of the bravest heroes to grace a FF.

3. No it isn't. It's excellent if you learn how to use it, it just takes a bit of patience.

4. User error. It is not prone to error. Errors only occur when you skip a section or waste spheres.

5. Personal preference. In my opinion, X perfected the turn-based system. If you're looking for something real-time, play XII or Kingdom Hearts.

i would not buy it i have to say this is were ff went downhill in my opinion ! just never got me interested enough to play it.

To each his own, I think X-2 is where it started to go downhill :monster:

X has alot going for it. It's definitely worth at least renting, but it's only $15 used at Gamestop/EB Games...and there's alot more people who like X than dislike it, so I think that says something right there.

I love FFX, it's definately one of the best

I love the story line it's so involving and fun, all the characters have really interesting back stories & I loved finding all the Jecht spheres to have a peek into Aurons past. There were a fair few twists aswel that had me like 'huh?!' Great stuff

Once Id gotten used to the sphere grid I thouroghly enjoyed tinkering around, planning my moves & suchlike & even when you complete it you can still go round again getting extra spheres from the monster arena

The side quests (As utterly annoying as they could be) were really enjoyable & because some of them seemed so irritatingly hard I got alot of satisfaction out of beating them. The monster arena was by far my favourite
I wasn't really a fan of Blitzball as the matches were too long but even that could have been a whole new game in its own right

I'd say yes & no.... this game is cool but WAYYY to romantic and sissy-like. This is an action-adventure based RPG should have keep the romantics to a minimum like FF VIII

While F X-2 was just saying "I'm out of ideas lets put singing in for something...". So, F X-2, to overboard.

Last edited:
Back