FFVIII - Worth Getting?

^
HAHA, I agree 100% with that post. I completely stopped using em for the same reason. And yes, personally I find it to be the best FF game so of course I'd agree on giving it a go to any gamer.

Now don't scratch at me when I say this, this is for opinions after all.

I think it was a great game, but! It was one of the worst FFs (there i said it) I enjoyed the game, but I felt the character lacked uniqueness, characters on past FFs had something that more or less stood out about them, and the same for the games afterwards. It was a bit a risky turn for FF, a risk worth taking though, don't get me wrong, sometimes, it can be quite good for a change from the usual, "past but with future technology" theme that FFs usually more or less go for, but it turned off a few fans, some of which put down the controller before reaching Dollet.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I have enjoyed most of the other franchises of the series, it was a good thing FF9 immediately jumped back to the usual FF theme because many fans would of been turned off. I persoanally wouldn't of mind, but it was nice to go back to the basics with FF9.

People either seem to love or hate this game, so I would recommend renting/borrowing it first, if you even can.

I personally liked this game. I did like the junctioning system. If you like RPG's that have a straightforeward battle and stat system, then don't get this game.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people don't get major plot points in this game.

Alright this isn't really the place for this but the orphanage plot actually drives the entire story of the game. I'll try to do this with out spoiling anything.

Characters:

Squall- Raised in the orphanage, was very attached to Ellone and felt very lonely when she left. Grew up to be very cold. Used GF's.

Selphie- Raised in the orphanage, attended Trebia Garden, always dreamed of being in her own band. Used GFs.

Zell- Raised in the orphanage, was adopted. Studied martial arts, used GF's.

Seifer- Raised in the orphanage, was too proud and arrogant to use the GF's [VERY IMPORTANT TO HIS PLOT AND CHARACTER AND RELATIONSHIP WITH EDEA]

Quistis- raised in the orphanage, became a teacher at a young age but resigned because she didn't feel she was good enough. Used GF's so she doesn't understand her feelings for Squall (which isn't love like she thought).

Irvine- Raised in the orphanage, Attended a garden where GF's were not used. [VERY IMPORTANT FOR HIS CHARACTER ESPECIALLY FOR HIS DECISION AT THE END OF DISK 1]

Rinoa- Daughter to the general, started her own rebel group to save her town but was a bit inexperienced. Was very wealthy Inherited sorcesses powers.

A back story does not necessarily make a character developed or not. It's how they change through the story and how they react to situations that are given to them. Considering the plot with Edea, it actually makes a lot of sense that these characters would be raised in the same place.

I totally agree with you, FFXIII is a fantastic game, and i personally found the characters very individual and all very likable in their own way.

I would totally recommend FXIII to anyone into RPG's, for me it was a fantastic game and it still remains my favorite final fantasy game out of all the ones i have played so far.
The scenery is beautiful, the GF's mighty and inspiring, the characters likable and interesting, the music fantastic, the card games addictive and fun, the battle system traditional but good (and improved over FFVII)- overall IMHO FFXIII is a really great game i would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet :) .

I wish I could play FFXIII this early.... :P

Anyway, I was one of the few that like Rinoa...she reminded me of my girlfriend at the time so I was enthralled with her. In fact it made me feel apart of the game. From this game came my favorite character from the series Lagunia. I loved his back story more then any other FF character.

Yes FF8 is worth to get imo it's the best final fantasy game ever made.Especially if your into games that go into the past,future,and present.This game also has realistic characters which make it unique.The other great thing about it is theres this cool dream sequence thing where you play as another main character and a different party!Which imo made the game a legend.So yes,you should get it and it's worth to get.Plus its only like 10 dollars. :P And thats a great bargain.

FF VIII is definitely worth getting. the graphics are a step up from FF VII and the characters have a personality at least. also they have awesome battle music. if you don't have it, get it.

Well if you can get it then go and get it, however if you can't find it then it's not a thing that need to kill yourself to get, I don't like the characters personality, also I believe the storyline isn't that good if you want to compare it with FFVII or FFX, but for the graphics I admit it's way better than FFVII.

Undoubtedly, Final Fantasy VIII is worth getting. It's my favourite FF game, and I've played VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII, no Final Fantasy game has given me more enjoyment than VIII, the characters are good, the music is great, and the storyline is excellent, not to mention the gameplay. ^_^

So yeah, I'd definitely recommend this game to you gamers out there, it is just a great game, and is quite long, so it will last you a while.

I borrowed this game from my friend with high hopes of it being another masterpiece like FFVII, and this was my experience:

I liked the first half of the game, the battles and everything were fun.. but I sort of lost interest after that.

Something about it just made me go, "Eh," and then I just gave the game back to my friend.

I didn't even bother finishing it.

-shrug-

of course it is! unless you dont have the brains to figure out the junction system...*grumblenoobsgrumble*

the card game was tons of fun and the sidequests are good time-passers.

The game is defently worth getting!
the cinematics are awsome. and overall great story.
towards the end it got a lil bit tough, but was very rewarding :)

a must have! :P

I think this game has the best musical scores of any final fantasy game on the market today and would definitely recommend it to anybody considering it. The story line is also much deeper and more interesting than most final fantasy games. This game gets an 8/5.

Well I don't really hold anything against Rinoa.....she was ok, but I can see why so many would get annoyed with her. I admired that she was willing to do whatever it took for what she believed in, but that's about it haha.

Anyway on topic, yes this game does have a wonderful music score. Probably my favorite as well. It's the only one I have the soundtrack to, at least.

Ive been playinf final fantasy 8 for around two years now and still agree its the best of the series.

ok the whole magic systems wierd, but give it time and everything 2nd nature.

im now mid way through my 2nd *no junction* challenge and have completed a no level up challenge, all without walkthroughs

i guess my next challenge will be to merge the two :/

sounds possible...

(6m9 posts for the first time)

Ok, If you have played the newer final fantasies and then buy 8 it is goin to be a bit of a difference for you. The graphics are not quite half as good but the real life mode as i like to call it certainly does make up for it.

The story is what does it for me though. I love the story of this game to be honest and thats what makes it one of my favourites.

But to be honest i would like to see spuare release final fantasy 8 on to the ps3. it would prob sell quite well.

I'd say the game is definitely worth getting. The junction system allows for greater customization options than other Final Fantasies and it has a great story with superb cinematics and music to boot. It is definitely worth a try that's for sure.

Definitely. The game is simply spectacular. As everyone already said - the cinematics are amazing, the storyline is superb, the gameplay is unique, and the music is astounding. Not much else to say, 'cept go and find the game if you haven't played it yet.

Absolutely. Without a doubt.

Great storyline, engaging characters, epic GF's, lots of build up, and superb climaxes, interesting and surprising twists, a little realism intertwined with fantasy, CGs were fantastic, and Nobuo Uematsu. And no run-on sentences! :lol:

I found it rather entertaining somewhat didn't really get to finish the whole game eventually my game was messed up and couldn't continue.Other than that even though I know I didn't finish it I'd say it would be worth getting but like I said its just me.

Back