FFVII - Worth Getting?

I've seen something called Final Fantasy 7 at gamestores. But I think that it's not the original FFVII that everybody talks about. Am I right in thinking there are a couple versions? And can you actually get used copies of the original FFVII anymore?

I've seen something called Final Fantasy 7 at gamestores. But I think that it's not the original FFVII that everybody talks about. Am I right in thinking there are a couple versions? And can you actually get used copies of the original FFVII anymore?

Rofl, quote of the week! No, Final Fantasy 7 is Final Fantasy VII. Theres only the one version I know of. If the box actually said Final Fantasy 7, then somethings very wrong there. And yeah you can get used copies of the older Final Fantasys.

I bloody hope it's worth getting. I bought it yesterday. Already something is urking me >_< It's not the graphics. I think it's more to do with Cloud ... I'm an hour into the game.

where are you people finding copies of this game? i can't find a copy to save my life, except on ebay.

I bought mine from across the road from where I live ... They have FFVII AND FFVIII at the back :P Only cost me £14/$28

I think 7 was too good. It over shadowed 8 and 9. The only reason I even heard of 10 was due to the fact that it was the first FF on PS2.

KH was a good modifyer for the FF series because it sparked an interest (at least for me) with all the crossover appearances, I didn't even know Squall existed.

Sure, it’s definitely worth getting. It’s well known that this is not my favorite FF, but it’s still worth stealing your friends copy and playing it.

+ It has a great storyline.
+ A semi-excellent cast of characters.
+ An interesting battle system, though it grew a bit boring after a while.
+ A great soundtrack.

- Lack of interesting sidequests, in my opinion
- If you’re into games with pretty graphics, this one will disappoint.
- As said earlier, the battle system may grow boring.

I loved this game.

Well the reason might be because i grew up watching my mum play it, and it was'nt untill i was about 13 untill i had the guts to even start & i did'nt even make it to disc 2. I picked it up 2 years later & completed most of it.

One of the best 60+ hours of gaming in my life XD

VII is definitely worth getting, however as a note to the people who have not played a FF game I'd suggest that you play VII first, because before I played VII I had played VI, I, IX and VIII and to be quite honest I think VII fell short in comparison to the others. I'm not denying that VII was a great game but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I finished it before the others simply because I wouldn't have compared it to them

I too favour VII over X, but they're both quality games.

I first played VII over 10 years ago now (wow), and loved it from beginning to end.

If you haven't had the urge to ever give FFVII a try, the only person you're really hurting is yourself. Not only is this arguably the best game ever, but as a fan of the FF series, it's an epic adventure with memorable characters, enemies, plot twists, places, etc...

The story carries on into spin-off's galore, but the story was so worth it. Get the original game and enjoy the awesomeness of the overall experience.

One piece of advice for the original poster: DON"T FALL FOR THE HYPE!

Final Fantasy VII is a great game but don't go into it thinking about what critics say. Detach yourself from public opinion and just give it a go. You will ruin this game for yourself if you take in the praise from the bulk of fans. Go into it without expectations to get the full enjoyment.

The FFVII hype reminds me of the Evangelion hype from the anime fandom. I thought the series was good but not that good. I've heard lots of great things about this game and when I played it a few years ago; I was disappointed. Why? Because fans placed it on a pedestal. I had fun with the game but it was not "THE BEST EVERZ" for me. Anyway, just give it a shot. Hype can ruin your experience; remember that.

Listen m8 i'm not saying you're wrong but, its not about the gameplay but its the story. All these fans here of FFVII dont care about the gameplay, they care about Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret .... and all the rest. Like Barret would say : "Ya know wha' i'm &/ù%$^ sayin'???" :wacky:

greetzzz SpAnX

Other people have probably already convinced you, but just for the sake of saying it, if you can still find it after 11 years since it was first made, you should definitely get it. The spin-offs from the game were good, but I believe nothing can beat the original FFVII game.

Well, I don't think so. The first disk is okay, then it just goes into confusement. You can get it cheap now, though... so, get it, and if you don't like it, sell it. I'd rather get a copy of IV, though...

Well, I don't think so. The first disk is okay, then it just goes into confusement. You can get it cheap now, though... so, get it, and if you don't like it, sell it. I'd rather get a copy of IV, though...

what?!?

I know you have rights to an opinion, but that's just plain not true. The entire game is a brilliant experience and it's one I keep coming back to

Originally I think its worth getting... but seeing that its also cost around $80 USD for the game now... might not be really worth spending all that money.

Its definatly worth playing... so i would point in the way of an emulator if you're not willing to fork over 80+ usd for a game and system.:whistle:

Someone else mentioned it but yeah you might not like the graphics and such after playing the others but, I think FFVII has the most interesting story line that keeps you wanting more. Then again.. it might have just been a by- product of an interesting plotline with alot of plotholes. lol But Square is getting around to completing the full story.^_^ Now if only they would hurry up and tell us what Genesis is up too!

Squaresoft don't need to fill in the story, the lack of official answers I think is what keeps the fanboys interested which is has pretty much driven the games popularity.

Back