FFVII - Worth Getting?

Ok what i'm wondering is if final fantasy 7 is worth beating.
Beat it or else you will be very sad, lonely, and disturbed the rest of your life.

The ending is predictable, but it's never fully experienced until you go through yourself and beat it. You can't leave an awesome story like FFVII's open and never complete it.

Do it. Complete it. Make the gaming world proud.

It's easily one of the best games ever produced. Why would you not even play it? It's a fantastic game. You should definitely pick up this game and play it many many times.

....FFVII is definately worth getting :) You can't call yourself a Final Fantasy Fan unless you've played FFVII

Of course it's definitely worth getting, how can you be a Final Fantasy fan without getting this game, as AG has already said lol. xD

To be quite frank, here's the main pros of the game:

+ Awesome storyline. It has one of the best plots of the game and also contains the most tragic moments in video game history.

+ Character backgrounds are awesome. You get to know a lot of things about the characters in the game as the story progresses. Again, the plot makes it so that everything else unravels naturally and nothing seems forced at all.

+ Battle System ATB. Classic Final Fantasy battle system. You can never go awry without it. xD

+ Best Villain. Arguably the best villain ever in video gaming, Sephiroth.

That's all for now.

Definatly, Nobody is a true FF Fan unless they have played this game.
People say it's overrated but it's not. It deserves all the credit it gets.

ff7's absolutely worth getting imo, it's probably my favorite in the entire series. it's far from perfect, but still awesome.

Last edited:
it's an incredible game imo but i can easily see how you wouldn't really like it if you've already played the later ff's. finish it just to say you did it.

I agree with both Warb and AG that if you haven't played this game, you can't call yourself a Final Fantasy fan. The game is totally awesome from story, to characters, to gameplay. The music is also great. Definitely buy this game if you can.

Awesome and definitive game. Lots of fun and great replay value.

That said, I do think it's overrated in some ways, and underrated in others. I don't think Sephiroth was the end-all villain, Aeris annoyed me a little, and Tifa's enormous polygon boobs are an obvious cry for attention.

But I did love the story, I loved the sidequests, and like everyone has already said... it's THE game to play, if only for the VG pop culture knowledge.

Worth playing? Totally. Its one of the greatest games ever. The story was awesome, especially the LT.^_^

Final Fantasy VII truly was the start of it all. I played most of the later games, and some of the earlier ones, before beginning VII and I can still say I enjoyed it. I haven't managed to get that far yet since I've been playing an awful lot of games, but I would say it was worth it.

However, if you're looking for a romantic plot line, get VIII. While the story of VII is good, I wouldn't say it was very romantic. Despite this, it's certainly worth getting.

The gameplay is typical of Final Fantasy of course, so there's nothing really new there. I'd say if you enjoyed the gameplay in other FFs, you'll enjoy the gameplay in this one.

Obviously, if you're a gamer who takes graphics into account when talking about enjoyment, I wouldn't get it. :lol:

This game is worth definently playing. It has a very deep story and well-developed characters. This game isn't afraid to have sad occurences and deaths, either, and that is another element that makes this game so great. As you play the game, you'll realise how unprodictable and heavy the events are. However, you really should be about 11 before you think about playing this game, since the story is a bit difficult to understand, compared to most. It doesn't hold your hand, either.

You shouldn't play the game if you're a graphics whore, though; cause if you are, I doubt you'll appreatiate polygonal chibis. xD

If you're looking for a love story, go with VIII. X also has that element, but I found that game a bit bland. If you want a lot of difficulty, go with III or VI (not that VII isn't hard), and if you want something that kids will like, go with IX.

Last edited:
I did something very foolish...I watched FF7AC before a played FF7. Which spoiled lots.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it. that game had me hooked when the mothership got it me 1 xmas many moons ago, if i wasnt asleep i was playing that game!!! the plot was great -ok the translation was abit shoddy & the graphics are naff by todays standards but i'd love to get amnesia just so i can have the magic of playing that game the first time again!!

Back