FFVII - Worth Getting?

FFIX (y) Replaying that at the mo, that game's timeless.

Yes! IX is pretty awesome. Great choice.

So about VII, I'de definitely recommend it. Not my most favorite FF personally, but the story and the amount of depth put into the game can really drag you in. Not to mention the epic ending of the game, but I won't spoil it for you if you're reading this and never have played it.

I felt more emotion in this game than XII (cringe).

It's one of the best 3 games of the series! So I'd say it's worth getting for sure~! There's enough appeal in this game for you to find at least one character that you like. Besides, there's a line in the game that's as memorable as "You spoony bard!" which is, "DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!". omg so priceless <3

This version also has the BEST Cid ever of all time by far.

i deffinitely say get it... it was a great game, had a great story, and lots of twists...

I'm still enjoying the game, but I had to restart it because

I got totally stuck when I got to that big crater- my friend says once you're in the crater, the levels that I was at would suffice, but I kept getting killed by the random encounters going into the crater, so I didn't manage to get anywhere near the end

In my second and most recent playthrough I

Got Yuffie the first time I was on the World Map after the Gold Saucer, and I'm hoping that'll help. I've just got up to Cosmo Canyon and got totally killed by the baddie at the end of it, and I haven't played for a while, so I haven't retried it to see if it was bad luck or just being underlevelled...then again I'm not sure how the levelling up on this works, like I am on VIII (which I've also never finished, despite it being my first ever FF game), so maybe a few more attempted playthroughs before I try to defeat the game. Then again, IX is the only PS1 era game that I've completed, and even that was only a few weeks ago...I think that the PS1 era games are pretty solid compared to the PS2 era games...which is not saying that one is better than the other, they're just different

Best Game of all Time
Best Story of all Time
And i played sooooooooo many Games
The problem may be, most of the people who really love the game like me, played it in early years, i was 13 and it was the first rpg i played. At that Time this game reallly really was so fucking epic, never felt this again by an game.

I understand when People in present who never played it, and now want to play it never finish the first CD. Cause they got experience with other games today wich have much much better graphics etc.

I got the game simply because everyone else was saying how it's a classic in the gaming world and (arguably) the best Final Fantasy game in the series.

Personally i think the game is brilliant simply because it's classic FF... but i don't think it's the best in the series only because when you've played later FF titles like X this game can look kinda average.

Still i think if you're a FF fan then it's a must get ;-)

The answer is kinda obvious since it is the most liked and well-known Final Fantasy next to FFX.

But, you know, playing it recently, I actually found it to be quite boring. I found myself asking me, "I actually liked this game back then? HOW? It's so...bland." It's probably because upon playing it and liking it the first time, I kept replaying it so many times that now it's just so familiar to me that it's not exciting anymore. The first time is definitely always the best! We usually try harder and everything is new so it's exciting and has us on the edge of our seats...like a relationship, lol. I was also a kid back then who had never played anything other than the Pokemon on the Gameboy Color previous to picking up FF7, so...yeah, lol. It was a VERY new experience for me, lol, which doubled the excitement.

But, besides that, yeah I think FF7 is worth picking up. It has a great storyline with amazing plot twists and believable characters and yes, the best Cid of all FF. But in the end, it all depends really on one's own taste. It really is "...quite possibly the greatest game ever made" as it says from a review on its back cover...and, OH! How could I forget!? After playing FF7, I have never encountered once again the same feeling(s) for another game and I mean that in a good way. FF7 left such a deep impression on me, so uniquely, and ever since then, I have never had the same feeling for any other video game. That may be biased because it was my first real step into the video game world, first real RPG AND first FF, but still...definitely give it a try to see how you think and feel about it, even if it turns out to not be for you.

Looking beyond the other titles and fanbase popularity-
Final Fantasy VII is THE perfect Role Playing Video Game.

that is all.

Yes, dude. Yes.

This game is still the highest selling FF title of all time. It pretty much sold the PS1 other than the madden and Spyro. without those three games not sure the ps1 would have been as successful or had as big of an impact. vii was a game that really broke boundaries back then. it was got a lot people into gaming and it's what made a lot a people avid ff fans. so i think it is definitely worth playing and especially owning. i bought it with my own cash for 14 bucks when I was 12 and i never regretted it... well, the fandom was shitty when i got on the internet but the game itself is fantastic. people who deny this are lying to themselves. :lew:

But, you know, playing it recently, I actually found it to be quite boring. I found myself asking me, "I actually liked this game back then? HOW? It's so...bland." It's probably because upon playing it and liking it the first time, I kept replaying it so many times that now it's just so familiar to me that it's not exciting anymore. The first time is definitely always the best! We usually try harder and everything is new so it's exciting and has us on the edge of our seats...like a relationship, lol. I was also a kid back then who had never played anything other than the Pokemon on the Gameboy Color previous to picking up FF7, so...yeah, lol. It was a VERY new experience for me, lol, which doubled the excitement.

I know exactly what you mean by that! I absoutely loved Final Fantasy VII! For its time it was a good game! I enjoyed every minute of the game and it was all so new to me as a kid. I eventually, kept replaying it over and over..(because the only time I got something was if it was my birthday or Christmas. My pops was a cheapskate!) so here, as a kid, who plays video games, (thats all I wanted to do) had very little options. :wacky:
I haven't touched that game in like, 7 years tbh.

The game is worth getting! Just make sure you play it for yourself not because of the pressures of overloaded crazed fans. It's got a good story, good characters and great music. Although, its an old game (im used to those) so it might be outdated for those first time players, but who cares!! its still a load of fun to play.
=]

you know... it's weird, VII is one of my favorite games of all time... and other then playing it a few days ago for a few hours I myself hadn't touched it in years. :hmmm: I think it's about as boring as every other ff, though. I've had my bore-fests with VII (kalm flashback) but nothing that makes the game make me rethink why i ever played it. :hmmm: i had played halo and KH1, LoZ:OoT, tomb raider, spyro, ff8, and mario before i played vii and was very interested and engaged by it still. :hmmm:

This game is absolutely worth getting! For many people(myself included) this was the 1st FF game they ever played, and it's what got them into the FF series. I played the shit out of it as a kid, and I still play the shit out of it to this day. This game is in my top 3 of the series.

I bought the game on Steam when it released there and it is definitely still a solid, if dated experience. Fortunately, the story and it's characters are effectively timeless. As a Final Fantasy fan and a fan of Roleplaying games, I would say that this one in particular is definitely worth experiencing but be warned that your enjoyment may be diminished due to how certain elements of the visual design have aged.

Forget about the graphics and storyline (since FFX is the best on it) but the gameplay and content is superb. I played FFVIII first before FFVII and i'm very sure that I liked cloud's game first over squall.

Forget about the graphics and storyline (since FFX is the best on it) but the gameplay and content is superb. I played FFVIII first before FFVII and i'm very sure that I liked cloud's game first over squall.
It’s always annoying to me when a person takes their opinion and tries to make it fact.

On Topic: Probably at this point since so much time has gone it may be better to wait and see how the Remake turns out.

It's getting a remake after decades so I think it speaks for itself. The story is top quality.

Back