FFII - Worth Getting?

*well i dunno about everyone else but i think this game is a keeper!!! it must have been a top game at its generation but i still find it fun to play enen now :)

*and yes! it is worth getting!why? oh meee goodness,its final fantasy for cryin out loud,need i say more??? :D

*well if you want a detailed explaination here it is...

-The story is good,not that great but interesting enough to keep you on yer sweaty stinky seats and play it :)

-the game play is amazing!battle systems are great...if ya know the secret! hehe :wink: id say hacking monsters has never been fun in this system :)

-graphics are obsolete from nows consoles but id buy it for appreciation of its simplicity and contribution for evolving final fantasy today! :) graphics arent bad for a nes game :)

-and lastly its fun fun fun! yep you can enjoy this game for hours leveling up and venturing into the monster thriving environement! :)

-*well there ya have it ladies and gents,ofcourse it just my opinion :) so its up to you to get it or not! :) peace and rock on! :) weeeeeeeeeeee

I don't see why everyone bashes the FFII leveling system. It's actually quite realistic (you only level up with weapons you use, you only gain HP as you take damage, your spells only become powerful if you use them.) The story is pretty awesome too. I got it for PSP and do not regret it.
That actually sounds like a GOOD leveling system. Why is everyone bashing it so much?(I haven't actually played the game yet.)

Its cool and worth getting :) The gameplay is some kind of different and thats cool.
Story is okay too,like every other FF-s.

Mod Edit: Please elaborate on your post. Say 'why' you though FFII was cool and worth getting. Thank you.

Last edited:
This game is definitely worth getting. You can get stronger really fast by attacking your own characters and spamming spells on each other. My characters had over 6000 HP except for Leon because you get him so late in the game. My magic user had about 500 MP, so yeah you can get your characters really strong fast in this game. Get it! Dawn of Souls is your best bet.

shut up wingeing!!!

every ff is worth geting,playing and completeing and each game is amazing in its own unique way if they were all the same we would be a bit bored by the like 20th game made o watever it is now so stop wingeing about leveling systems and get on we it haha lol

Liamvtaylor, please don't tell people to shut up whinging, people are allowed to have their own opinions thank you

I was being sarcy!!!

Hence the hahaha lol at the end am nt a nasty guy and yes your rite they are!!!:P

Take any problems to PM please, you may have been sarcastic but other members might not see it that way and that's when arguments happen =]

Any more off topic comments will be getting deleted

I think FFII is a must have. I absolutely love it. I own it on PS1, and I love love love the opening sequence. I find the leveling system amazing, since it is the most realistic one in the series. The game can be hard at times, and that can get real frustrating real fast, but I still say its a must have.

Final Fantasy II has a great story behind it but it has got to be my least favourite game out of the lot as I'm not keen on the level-up system for it! The dual-wield option is pretty great (my Gus was hench with his two weapons!) Overall, a game worth having for your vintage collection!
The soundtrack is pretty good too, as is a common factor in the Final Fantasy series. :P

Joejoe :D

Great story of course it is worth getting just like every other FF game out there.

It's not as great as some of the other FF's out there. It is definitely one of the harder FF's and its levelling system takes a little bit of getting used to. But I found it quite enjoyable once I got into it so I'd recommend it to someone who is a fan of the old school FF's. However I wouldn't suggest it as an introduction to the old school FF's.

If you want a challage, enjoy old school JRPGS, and want a change in a leveling up system. Then Final Fantasy II is really worth it.

Don't understand why people bash the leveling up system, tend to think that it's great. You can be 1000 hp early in the game and be blasting Lighting 13 spells before you know it.

plus the music is great for it's time, and characters like Minwu Firion and Guy make it worth while ( Guy can speak to these aborable beavers.. )

The game gets a lot of flack...but I dunno...I thought it was just as good as the first one. The combat system, while flawed and easy to exploit, was so original that it would draw you right in. It's not the best...but not the worst by any means either. It took me a couple times starting up the game to really enjoy it.

Get it on GBA and get the extra mission at the end, and yes, in my opinion, it is definitely worth your money!

Depends on your motivation.

For its story: No. I am of the opinion that it has no real story. See my review for more.

For its gameplay. Hell no. It is about as much fun as giving yourself a lobotomy...the latter would probably be more productive.

Because it is an FF game: Yes. Despite its flaws, it is a member of the series, and when played in its proper place (i.e. between I and III) it is a good way to chart the progress of the the series.

Still, if you do decide to play, be prepared for a trying experience. Ultimately, it is worth it, as you can say that you did what many gave up trying to do. However, that is the only type of reward that you come away with. Play to win, and play with a bottle of scotch nearby

D4D

Everyone has their opinions. As for me, I just LOVED this game. I passed it a few times. But to be honest, I didn't have too many things to play.

So I think it's be worth your time if you got no other games to play. I have the origins version for PS One, but I play it on my PS2 (which stil works almost perfectly, btw).

It had a great story, but the graphics fall behind in this day and age. If you can withstand the original battle system the way it used to be, then it is definitely worth getting. Depends on what kind of gamer you are to be honest. I personally liked it, even though X was there as well. And the PSP remake is awesome. Even the graphics are top-notch. A fine remake that was :ryan:

Dawn of Souls (GBA remake of this game) is one of the most fabulous classic RPGs I've played in a long time, if you go in with an open mind (and are willing to break the system) you will find that the much underrated level up system is both rewarding and enjoyable. It's a landmark game in the series and has some excellent music- for history's sake it's at least worth taking a look.

Back