FFIX - Worth Getting?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESYES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! definitely worth getting its an exciting game with thrills, romance, comedy, and a great story... battle system is amazing and nothing can really compare

Last edited:
I would rate FFIX in my top 3 FF games now, easily. It has a great mix of themes, philosophical contemplations, creativity, serious tone and especially comedy. Ive never seen such great comic effects in a game which still manages to retain an overall mature tone.

FFIX is definitely worth getting. Although now Ive seen that you should have received it in the post by now. ENJOY! xD

It's definitely worth it. It's one of the best of the whole series, IMO. And at £9 on PSN, it's a steal. The only thing I disliked about it was the official guide.

"Oh, you're in the middle of an epic boss fight? WANT TO KNOW HOW TO KILL IT IN ONE HIT?! Then please stop what you're doing and turn the PC on. Wait for it to boot up. Now open Google, and type in this link."

The game is really worth playing.Based on really great concept that I really get. I got the best experience , I got full enjoyment as per its review which people given to it shown all of its performance in market :)

Without a doubt.

FFIX is one of the most criminally underrated FFs in the series. For whatever reason (possibly the artwork style?) it doesn't receive the same sort of attention when compared to some of its brothers. If you enjoyed the old-skool FFs then FFIX should be right up your alley, as the game is essentially one giant throwback to those halcyon days. With an engaging storyline, a charming cast of characters, and a solid battle system, FFIX was a fine instalment to the series and anyone who overlooks it is truly missing out.

FFIX is my personal favorite video game in the history of all the evers. So yes, I do very much think it is worth getting. If you had to pick only one FF game to buy, I'd say this one. Because you get a bit of everything. You get classic elements mixed with modern elements, to create one beautiful video game.

I have to admit when i first bought it i could not get into it because of the art style. Im in the middle of playing through 8 and then im going to try 9 one more time because of everything i have read about it. I was probably too quick to judge so i barely even started the second disc and stopped playing for some reason.

I have to admit when i first bought it i could not get into it because of the art style. Im in the middle of playing through 8 and then im going to try 9 one more time because of everything i have read about it. I was probably too quick to judge so i barely even started the second disc and stopped playing for some reason.

FFIX gets a lot darker as the game progresses, particularly after a key turning point in the game. There's a huge plot twist about halfway in that is as unexpected as it is pretty awesome. You should definitely get back to playing it, it's well worth it.

Speaking of which, addressing the OP, yes. It is very worth it, one of the best :)

FFIX gets a lot darker as the game progresses, particularly after a key turning point in the game. There's a huge plot twist about halfway in that is as unexpected as it is pretty awesome. You should definitely get back to playing it, it's well worth it.

Speaking of which, addressing the OP, yes. It is very worth it, one of the best :)

Well you sold me on it with that post. I love huge plot twists along with a darker twist to the story. One of reason I loved 6 so much was because of the dark plot twist halfway through the game. I'm still in disc 1 of 8 so after i beat it i will definitely jump back into 9 or hell I may save 8 for later now who knows..

Imo there is not a final fantasy game that is not worth getting. They are all good even the older ones but there is plenty I would get before this one. In order I say this.

Final fantasy 10
Final fantasy 8 ( this is personal opinions tho most like 7 better )
Final fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 12 ( this is more because it is very visually satisfying )
Final fantasy 13 series
Final fantasy 9

Also keep in mind I left the older games of since most do not wanna go all the way back to super nintendo to play then and I also left the games I never played because I cannot judge them properly.

Just bought it so I hope it's worh it :)

If it starts out a bit slow, don't give up on the game. There's multiple discs and each one ends with a BANG! I'll fire mine up too possibly soon and take the journey with ya! I'll shoot for starting maybe Tuesday morning! Enjoy it and keep us informed of how you're liking it!

Aye aye!

btw. gotta finish FF VIII first, being curently at the end of cd1.
but the shipping of my new FF IX will take 2-3 weeks anyway ;)

Last edited:
but the shipping of my new FF IX will take 2-3 weeks anyway ;)
I was running around my house like a chicken with its head cut off last week looking for my copy of FFIX. I couldn't find it anywhere. I got impatient so I went on Amazon and bought a very good used copy for... $1.65. Yes, $1.65, plus $6 shipping. But you can't beat that price! Got the game in 1 week! :busta:

In my opinion, I actually found FFIX as one of the most refreshing, innovative FF titles to date.

They tried out a lot of stuff, made a good number of risks. Did everything work? No, but I can appreciate what they tried to do and still enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Well I may be a bit biased here because it is my favorite Final Fantasy... but it is most definitely worth getting! Everything about this game has satisfied me... one of the reasons i love the game so much is because it's one of the few games that i'd change nothing to.. no adding anything into it... I believe that there's little room for change in my opinion. The story and characters were perfectly woven together... I will never stop getting tired of replaying the game. :fan:

I totally agree with you! I played 7 and there was so much buzz about that game, but I loved 9. I loved it so much I'm making fan art mugs now!

MOD EDIT: Please do not self-promote in discussion threads and keep self-advertising to its proper section. For example, fan art can be displayed in Luca. Please note the Luca guidelines before posting. ~Nazca

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 7.33.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 7.33.10 AM.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Back