FFIX - Worth Getting?

I say it's definitely worth getting. The characters all have very good back stories, except for two of them whom I felt were just thrown in the game for the hell of it.

There is also a wide variety of places you can visit. Some of these places include a pile of rubble that houses a six year old girl and her Moogles, a city that is surrounded by a sandstorm, and a town of nobles that is ruled by a family that keep monsters as pets.

I only have one concern about this game: the game seems to get worse as it goes on. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Disk one was FANTASTIC, disk two was also wonderful, disk three was meh, and disk four was as boring as hell. Anyway...

Oh, and another thing. The very beginning of the game is a bit strange, but gets much, much better once you get past a certain point. The game starts out with you in a dark room in an airship. Once you light the candle in the middle of the room, your friends will burst in, and ask where "the boss" is. All of a sudden, a giant guy with a helmet that makes him look like a dragon bursts through the other door, and there you have your first battle in the game. Once you beat him, you find out he is your boss, a fat man with cat ears named Baku. You will then have a meeting with him discussing how you're going to kidnap someone. You heard me. The main character and his friends are going to perform a play and then kidnap the main female character, Princess Garnet. The whole thing eventually turns into a total disaster, but I'll just leave it at that and say no more. But, what I'm saying is, the game does get better.

So yes, it's definitely worth getting. But then again, that's just my opinion. I say play the first thirty minutes of it to see if you like it or not, although you'll most likely be hooked and want to play the rest. ;)

It's $14.99 on Amazon, brand new. If you are a fan of the other games, there is absolutely no reason not to own/play it. While not my favorite, there's barely anything bad to say about it. It was actually a breath of fresh air when it came out because it is similar to the older installments as opposed to VII and definitely VIII. It is the final traditional Final Fantasy game.

ff9 kicks ff7s ass any day stories better and in 9 you genuanly want to know what happens in 7 the story is boring after the first hour

This game is 100% definately worth getting, the protagonist character in this game actually has a personality unlike the previous two games.

Most definately worth getting, my favourite of the lot.

The characters in IX are probably the best cast of characters, imo. The development each one goes through is brilliantly engrossing. The, iverall, design of the game has immense charm that makes you feel or warm when playing it. The music is fantastic and the story is great, too. I seriously love this game and would reccommend it to anyone.

I posted in here a while back, but I didn't give it much credit so like I'm back to do a U Turn, this game is SO worth getting. The story is brilliant, and really quite moving in parts D: I love the abilities, it takes the edge of just plain old training seeing as you have learning those aswel as levelling up to work on

The side games are great. I love choco hot & cold. I'd go as far as saying I love it more than Triple Triad in VIII... and I LOVE that game

I love the characters, Quina is made of complete win. It's so funny I laugh at everything it says. I just love the whole feel of the game, it's so bright and colourful and entertaining

FFIX is definitely worth getting!

I loved all the detail in the game, especially when you walk around in cities. It blows all the previous FFs out of the water. Also, there are plenty of characters that are loveable. Vivi is just one of a kind.

And back to 4 playable characters in one battle, there's no doubt about it, if you love FF, you'll love this game.

I agree with Crescent. The graphic design is really good, actually makes me think of it as an early attempt at an anime themed game which turned out in success.

Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, Steiner, Amarant, Eiko, Freya, Quina and Kuja are just lovable characters. This is in my opinion the best Final Fantasy game yet.

Last edited:
Yes, IX was my favorite game of the series, and yes i am counting 7 also. The story line was epic, by the end of the game you have came to know and love every character to extents you wouldn't believe, and the love story all just adds on to it :)

FFIX is probably my 2nd favorite final fantasy game. i loved the story-line and the characters, so i'd give it a 10/10 recommendation! Make sure to do all the side-quests and such, they really add depth to the story, and they're fun

I give it a 10/10 too:D Final Fantasy 9 Is a really fun game! its worth it! When I played Final Fantasy 9 I Couldn't get off my ps2!:D I Can't name one flaw in that game! They should remake.The game was challenging too!XD :D

It probably doesn't stick out like the other Final Fantasy games, but it sure is worth the buy. Story and Gameplay are very good, and sidequests are rather nifty also.

Probably..8/10 over here

If you are looking for that traditional Final Fantasy game, then this game it would definitely be worth buying.

It is similar to all the old FF games with some of its elements such as the storyline and setting. But, what makes it different from the rest is the point that it is the first and (in my opinion) only traditional Final Fantasy that is in 3D.

If I had to rate it, I would give it a 8.7/10.

I just picked this up on the other day and am about 7-8 hours into it and can say im fully addicted just like ever other FF game I have played.

Yes it is! If you like the sound of an epic RPG with a medieval feel and Shakespearean references combined with lovable characters then you will love it. The music is great as is the gameplay, minus the silly trance mistake. So far it remains my favourite, though I have only played 7 and 9. PS I don't work for Square-Enix.

Yes it is worth it FF9 is so underated it is one of the best in the series but it is very easy to beat.

Yes FFIX is worth getting, I loved the storyline and the characters. Probably the last FF I can say I actually "loved" to play.

This game is totally worth getting, I just beat it yesterday and I love it, my second favorite behind FFVI. It has a light hearted art style to it, but when you get into it, the game and the story are very deep and dark at some moments. The paths that Vivi, Dagger and even Zidane must discover for themselves are truly awesome. If you are a RPG fan you owe it to yourself, Zidane is the most loveable protoganist from any 3d FF game

Just got my copy in the mail yesterday about to start playing it can't wait to check it out. Heard the card game sucks compared to 8's though.

Back