PC World of Warcraft

I play on occasion, but I don't play it religiously. It's good fun every once in a while and I tend to go through short phases of obsession after which I will leave it alone for a while or just log in to manage my auctions and such.

I got a level 61 Troll Hunter on the European Ravencrest realm.

I played for about 3 years, i was a hardcore raider. I quit when i caught myself contemplating have a bathroom installed in my room so i would waste less time walking back to my computer.

Was a lvl 70 Lock 70 Rogue and a 70 Shaman.

Ooooo, that's why I didn't find a WoW topic to my liking, it was in a couple more subfolders for a few years. Ok, I shall revive this topic!

Who's still active?

I am not so much active any more but I loved the game very much. I was alliance on server Jadenar( I think I may be spelling that wrong).

I have a lvl 26 Paladin
A lvl 23 Night Elf Hunter
A lvl 18 Dwarf Warrior

The reason I am not so active is because I couldn't afford to play anymore so I had to cancel my account and uninstall it off my comp. I can redownload it anytime I just need to set up my account again. But I loved the game very much. All I had was the original WoW, I didn't have any expansions yet.

I am! I've more or less retired my hunter for the time being though, and spend most of my time playing my Priest (who just hit level 80 today):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Xinjah
Patch 3.3 was very much a godsent in my book. I live in Australia, but still play on the European realms with my friends back home in Denmark. Because of this, it hasn't always been easy finding groups to do even the 5 man content, but the new Dungeon Finder tool is really changing that :)

Grats on Lvl 80! Priests are cool, I enjoy Priest healing on my 80. I looked at the new dungeon finder but I couldn't figure it out, couldn't tell where to select raids only saw dungeons and heroic dungeons. But did manage to move my Paladin from 75 to 77 today. Should have her 80 in a few days for my third 80 and then i'll move on to the warrior.

Grats on Lvl 80! Priests are cool, I enjoy Priest healing on my 80. I looked at the new dungeon finder but I couldn't figure it out, couldn't tell where to select raids only saw dungeons and heroic dungeons. But did manage to move my Paladin from 75 to 77 today. Should have her 80 in a few days for my third 80 and then i'll move on to the warrior.

Thank you! I'm not big on healing, but I during the slow hours I usually sign up as a healer just because it makes finding a group so much easier :)

The Dungeon Finder is only for 5 man content, so you will still have to to find raid groups the old fashioned way I'm afraid. They have added a Looking For Raid tool based on the old LFG tool. I haven't checked it out yet though.

I don't play very much. But I have a level 7 human Priest on Medivh. Her name is Holybethany I think.

Lame name I know. But eh, Whatever! ^^;;

I'd be lying if I didn't have the urge to go back to this game, but I'd say I'm better without it. I only had one level 80 character, an undead Rogue called Garnil on the European Realm Arathor. Managed to get him to Naxx 25-man Gear mainly, but my social life did intervene a bit with any progression with the guild. I only managed to do Ulduar once. I never really got round to leveling my Alts either. I had a level 72, or so, Undead Death Knight in Northrend, and a level 58 Blood Elf Hunter, which I could never be bothered leveling because I had just finished doing all the quests with my Death Knight in Outlands.

I'd be lying if I didn't have the urge to go back to this game, but I'd say I'm better without it. I only had one level 80 character, an undead Rogue called Garnil on the European Realm Arathor. Managed to get him to Naxx 25-man Gear mainly, but my social life did intervene a bit with any progression with the guild. I only managed to do Ulduar once. I never really got round to leveling my Alts either. I had a level 72, or so, Undead Death Knight in Northrend, and a level 58 Blood Elf Hunter, which I could never be bothered leveling because I had just finished doing all the quests with my Death Knight in Outlands.

Yes, I can't guild raid because I don't live at my comp so I occasionally pug raid but mostly have cut raiding out. Now just finished my third lvl 80 and started working on the fourth. Social life is possible with WoW!

Yes, I can't guild raid because I don't live at my comp so I occasionally pug raid but mostly have cut raiding out. Now just finished my third lvl 80 and started working on the fourth. Social life is possible with WoW!

I've never liked pugging. You can get a load of assholes when doing that, and it was more fun to raid with people you knew. Although, with all this stuff going on in my life, I never got any time to play the game at all unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've played on several private servers, however have just started playing on retail.

Toons
Sarynx (Lv 14 Gnome Mage) Draka server
Ervol (Lv 5 Orc Rogue) Draka server

Ervile (Lvl 4 Undead Priest) Stonemaul server

I have finally officially quit WOW. lol I originally played because I wanted to kill Arthas after playing WC3. Unfortunantly, the last expansion has left me disappointed with the way the story went. Naxx was fun and brought back memories of the 60 days. But I wasn't fond with the TOC storyline. And then the whole "there must always be a lich king!" and having to follow new major characters who I just did not have any emotion for. I think my expectations were to high XD or I was expecting something else. I tried to push through but I got to the "I dont' care anymore" point.

Awe well, it was fun. Met many "interesting" people, had fun with PVP, but once a good friend quit, that just wasn't the same either. and TBH my friend quitting is another major reason I am quitting because the game feels empty with out her. :(and most of my other close friends have also quit)

and always FOR THE HORDE! XD

Time to have a life again :)

I've recently started playing again. I don't play all that often, only when I can steal my fiancee's laptop, since I uninstalled the game from my computer many moons ago. But if anybody wants to look me up, I'm on the Echo Isles server, with a Level 40 Night Elf Holy Priest that goes by the name of Khamari.

Horde seems to be the side of choice anywhere other than in the EU; anyone who picks Horde here seem to be idiots. Like, 12 year old kind of idiot.

I have a lv 67 Human Paladin and lv 60 Human Warlock on the Ravencrest server. 'Turel' and 'Lungorthin' respectively. I've only been playing for as long as my Refer a Friend lasted, which is only a couple of months or so, but I've enjoyed it so far. Missed a load of story-based quests and such because we wanted to get through at least two characters.

All I seem to be interested in now is going through dungeons and farming them for gear sets, but I'm guessing that's only because I've played it so intensely. Ruins it but at least I'm getting to play on my own now.

Horde seems to be the side of choice anywhere other than in the EU; anyone who picks Horde here seem to be idiots. Like, 12 year old kind of idiot.

Having played as both Horde and Alliance on several EU realms since before Burning Crusade came out, I don't think there's any truth to what you are saying at all. The atmosphere in each fraction on any given realm, is very situational in my experience. On some realms Horde is terrible, one others it's Alliance. Of course both sides will keep claiming that it's the other side who are the 12 year old idiots...

Last edited:
Who live in their mother's basement. And have never touched a girl. And so on and so forth. They collectively need some new material. It's tiresome.

You know, it was always interesting to meet someone that really did fit the WOW stereotype. You know, the unemployed person that still lives with their parents and are on nearly 24/7.

I once met a guy who seemed pretty cool, he was a badass player, always wanted him to tank instances for me, and he actually seemed kind of smart. Then I started hearing about his personal life... (I was going to post details, but if someone here lives like this and reads this, I don't want to make them feel bad) i was still nice to him after that but his coolness went down.

lol and it really depends on the server that you play on. Before the Burning Crusade xpac, it was almost true that the kids and noobs played alliance. (not to say that alliance were terrible, there were awesome players, but a vast majority of players were alliance, which means they had a vast majority more idiots.) But then blood elves were added to the horde and the idiot rate was balanced out. (And I'm not bashing all BE players, one of my mains was a BE warlock, and I do love their lore. they just attracted morons <.<)

BTW, if you haven't seen the guild on youtube, go watch it. XD It will seem very familur.

Having played as both Horde and Alliance on several EU realms since before Burning Crusade came out, I don't think there's any truth to what you are saying at all. The atmosphere in each fraction on any given realm, is very situational in my experience. On some realms Horde is terrible, one others it's Alliance. Of course both sides will keep claiming that it's the other side who are the 12 year old idiots...

Perhaps I just had a stream of bad luck, but for such a consistent rate of encounter I'm inclined to lean one way more than the other on that. Not to say Alliance on my current server is without its clueless inhabitants, Horde thusfar seems to have made quite an example on me.

soooo at mmo-champion we started a ghostcrawler photoshopping thread and i wanted to share my contribution

ddkkgh.png

Edit: I was trying to edit much earlier, but the server was being horrible

what are my fellow warcrafters doing in preparation for cata

personally, I'm levelling a new alt since I hate the servers I have my 80s on and don't have the money for a server transfer. I was mainly persuaded by the ease of Prot leveling, which is amazing right now.

with a bit of enchants and gems in my gear, I solo'd durn the other day while a dk was trying to kill me

it was hilarious, because i killed him like 5 times before. you noe dat nyuggah wuz mayud :monster:

and yes virigl

both sides have their fair share of idiots... does not matter what battlegroup or server you are on, there are always people who don't research their class mechanics, look up fights, or know how to play a map.

if you ever play a US server, try not to get into Ruin battleground servers unless you are twinking or something. In BC Ruin Horde owned every BG besides AV, now we more or less have a 50/50 or less win/lose rate now. =[

Last edited:
Back