Final Fantasy: Best and Worst Cosplay

The Cosplay Discussion thread has been merged with The Best and Worst Final Fantasy Cosplay thread...because they are both discussions about cosplay. (Threads Merged)

the most important thing about cloud cosplay is the wig, sometims even if you get a nice costume, but the "wig" will ruin everything.....

spend more time to style your cloud wig, you will get much better cloud cosplay~~

I agree the 'wig' is the most important part of any cosplay. I actually really prefer natural hair in most cosplays (Of course sometimes thats just impossible) The examples you have given (not sure if it was intentional), I don't think give the best examples of Cloud's hair. I prefer these personally.

images

__Cosplay_Cloud___by_9KhaosAngel9.jpg

And also, as demonstrated in these pics, having a slight reflection of reality in the makes it look so much more natural and less awkward. (example this pic below just looks un-natural)

images

:)

I love cosplays, but I don't think it's so horrid for larger people to cosplay. Sometimes they just want to have fun and not feel ridiculed all the time. Not saying anyone was being demeaning, just that a lot of the time, it takes a lot of work to do cosplays and some people can only do so much before they do get better. It can be rather awkward to see if they are larger than they should be, but hey, their fans and fans do what they do to have fun xD.

~ Raz

I thought ild put up some of my favourites. I know some of them have been shown before.

Vincent
tumblr_l90nnkJpsG1qdhfwmo1_400.jpg

Goku - the best hair I have seen. And usually Goku cosplays are revolting.
dragon_ball_-_son_goten.png

Soifon from bleach
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_BirvUCzeN8s/TPiDnFP1pyI/AAAAAAAADjQ/lbWfDTnB7ls/bleach_-_soi_fon_03.png[/IMG

Renji
[IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/340/9/3/Bleach_Trial_Cosplay___Renji_by_behindinfinity.jpg

Hitsugaya and Gin
Bleach-Cosplay-1.jpg

Then Hitsugaya and Matsumoto
Bleach__My_One_Desire_by_Akusesu_thumb.jpg

Thats enough for now. I had so many great ones but I have forgotten the links. Oh well ^^

Shiva

Oh, SHIVA! Always my favorite GF, or whatever she is from game to game. This looks amazing! Thanks to whoever posted this!

Hawt Daym, some of those were absolutely aweful, the Second Rikku in the FFX bit was just wrong, the songstress Yuna was really good, (the first one with the microphone anyway) from what i could see she was really good anyhow, the same with the first Sephiroth.

as with all Cosplay's you get some really good ones, and then some really amazing ones, but there always seem to bee an over abundance of people who should just give up as they are useless with Cosplay, now, i don't cosplay because i am not very artistic at all, so i don't claim to know how difficult it is to make a realistic looking cosplay outfit, but there are some people who make great ones, and some who don't have very good ones that just look stupid.

Hawt Daym, some of those were absolutely aweful, the Second Rikku in the FFX bit was just wrong, the songstress Yuna was really good, (the first one with the microphone anyway) from what i could see she was really good anyhow, the same with the first Sephiroth.

as with all Cosplay's you get some really good ones, and then some really amazing ones, but there always seem to bee an over abundance of people who should just give up as they are useless with Cosplay, now, i don't cosplay because i am not very artistic at all, so i don't claim to know how difficult it is to make a realistic looking cosplay outfit, but there are some people who make great ones, and some who don't have very good ones that just look stupid.

People who should just give up? You don't become a master cosplayer over night. Everyone starts from somewhere and unless you have help, your first few cosplays are most likely are going to bomb. Most the cosplayers I knew starting out are AMAZING now when they may have looked as dreadful as I when I started out. Some were a bit overweight, some had "closet cosplay" (cosplay made from random stuff in closet last minute), horrid wigs, or off color designs. Since then I have known that cosplay alone made them maintain their body better and/or they learned how to style a wig or to sew properly since then. Sometimes it's just a deal of having a bigger budget. Not everyone can afford to throw $200 on a perfectly detailed cosplay to make.

So long as cosplaying makes them happy, who are we to belittle them? Cosplay takes a certain amount of courage because cosplayers know that they will be harshly judged by hardcore fans and be compared to perfect, near impossible to be pixels on a tv screen who look perfect and never break a sweat. My heart goes out to the people who are over weight. People online belittle them all the time, but they look so happy in their pictures mainly because you will never hear an insult thrown to them in any con unless that person wants to be punched by 100 random con goers who might overhear. If cosplaying makes a person happy and it doesn't affect you personally, I don't see why they should give it up.

Most cosplayers don't even mind being made fun of for not looking exactly like the character. It's actually already expected unless you have a HUGE ego. It's when people tell you that you shouldn't cosplay at all that it gets very hurtful.

Some good american cosplay (since usually they're the worst)

View attachment 1682
View attachment 1683
View attachment 1684
View attachment 1685
View attachment 1686

And just for the cutes:

View attachment 1687
that rinoa and squall one gets the award for best ff cosplay. their clothes material is perf. :ohoho: the lightning one is amazing though 8( i cant see one thing off with it 8(

The Good:

cosplay1.JPG
Okay, besides their hair and their "weight"... the Yuna and Lulu cosplay are really amazing. Look at the detail in the attire... they're amazing. They actually look like real versions of their clothes. They are definitely talented at designing clothes and I think that deserves "good" rating for their cosplay. Just because they're not skinny or something doesn't mean they cosplayed badly. In this instance they did it really really good. :C

'ello everyone! I have a photo to share from this year's AnimeNext. Pretty awesome group of cross-players.

Usually seeing FF cosplayers every year at every convention gets a little bland, but they kinda spiced things up by cross-playing.

What do you think? ^^

IMAG0617_zps0569ed66.jpg

In order from left to right: Vincent, Cloud, Tifa, Jecht, Lightning, Quistis.
P.S. Sorry for the blurriness. Usually my new phone takes great photos, but I kinda rushed in at the last minute to take the shot, lol.

'ello everyone! I have a photo to share from this year's AnimeNext. Pretty awesome group of cross-players.

Usually seeing FF cosplayers every year at every convention gets a little bland, but they kinda spiced things up by cross-playing.

What do you think? ^^

IMAG0617_zps0569ed66.jpg

In order from left to right: Vincent, Cloud, Tifa, Jecht, Lightning, Quistis.
P.S. Sorry for the blurriness. Usually my new phone takes great photos, but I kinda rushed in at the last minute to take the shot, lol.

That's awesome :D what a great idea. Still recognisable as well.

I have seen a lot of cosplay because I go to anime expo every year. I'll have to add some photos to this thread. I know I did a blog post about this a while back on my site. I'll have to reactivate my blog.

MOD EDIT: Please keep on topic--this is a cosplay thread. Self-promotion/posts for other types of fan creations can be done in Luca. Please note the Luca guidelines before posting. Thanks! ~Nazca/LukeLC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 4.54.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 4.54.46 PM.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Back