FF hate groups

Howl

Co___okies!!!
Veteran
Gil
I don't understand how someone can genuinely dislike an FF character. I mean there are a handful of annoying characters in the series who you just can't stand having in your party...but...people who are in like FF character hate groups...uhhhh...I just don't get it.

I think most of the character haters out there are just jealous that characters like Cloud and Squall completely steal the spotlight from the other characters that you may favor more...

FOR EXAMPLE...
I for one am immensely shocked at how people seem to Idolize Squall over leader characters like Cloud and Zidane...Zidane especially. There are several characters in the series who are just completely overlooked because of Squall. Squall this, Squall that, he's so cool, blah blah blah...

But it's kind of hypocritical of me to be saying that because I was really bent up on Squall when FFVIII just came out...My agitation towards Squall sort of grew on me as I realized how people flocked around his character simply because of the way he looked or because of his "whatever" attitude and cool sword.

Well the purpose of this thread is for me to ask everyone...
IF you DO have a specific hatred or annoyance towards an FF character...or even if you're in a hate group...
Why?
I mean how did you come to hate the characters that you hate right now?

I've never really got it either, I can understand when people take a liking to a certain character but when it comes to actually hating a them, I think it's more about people "jumping on the band wagon"...question is: Who's handling the reins?

DUN DUN DUUUNNN! :rolleyes:

Everyone knows which character i hate ;) and if you don't your blind. For the record - its Tifa :P

When i first played FFVII she irked me, but i didn't pay that much attention to her. but after looking at how much praise and Adoration she Gets from Fanboys everywhere it made me wonder if she was that great, so when i replayed FFVII i paid closer attention to Tifa, and found that i really really hated her. I've fully explained that with my little Tifa-Rant in the FFVII Favourites/Worsts discussion thread ;)

I know exactly what you mean AG. I dislike Squall for the same reason; his fan base makes him out to be something that he WAS NOT. Tifa's fanbase really goes overboard with her "bad-assery."

Tifa is not a badass, kickass, whoopass barmaid. I never saw her in that light. She has one of the sweetest, most innocent, and selfless personalities that I've ever seen. I love her personality to pieces. I just can't mention enough how her physical design clashes horrendously with her sweet personality. WTF were they thinking...

Well for me it's Yuffie. I'd on;y go as far as saying as I hate her though. I don't loath her, but I hate her because she just annoyed the hell out of me, especially in DoC. Probably because her VA was annoying, but also because her character was clearly there to provide some slap-stick comedy and it just isn't befitting of the game.
I think my main complaint with her is because she was rendered useless in battle later on in the game; her ultimate limit break (All Creation) only did 9999 to a single enemy, and only when you had her ultimate weapon. It was just poor. One of her level 3 limit break did more for christ's sake!

I just can't mention enough how her physical design clashes horrendously with her sweet personality. WTF were they thinking...

The same thing when they were designing Rikku, no doubt...

Rikku's appearance in FFX was alright. I mean she's a preppy teenage girl, you have to give her that. And how do preppy teenage girls dress? Like Rikku...

Don't even mention FFX-2...please...god...

I just can't mention enough how her physical design clashes horrendously with her sweet personality. WTF were they thinking...

See they even Fixed that in AC. smaller boobs. Less revealing Clothes.

Then they ruin it by making it Leather.

I liked Tifa in AC - one of my favourite scenes in the film is her fight with Loz - and i was able to brush off her annoyingness...until i encountered Fanbois once more. Look up any Tifa VS Loz scene on youtube and and you'll see that loads of comments say "WOWZ ZOMG! TIFA IS SOOOO BADASS" and stuff like that.

So Fanboys over-rating the character made me focus solely on their negative Side. Especially Tifa fanboys.

I Also dislike Meg Ryan, sorry. Tidus. Because i followed the hype and all his bashers. but since replaying FFX recently he's growing on me a little...

Tidus is fine it's just James Arnold Taylor I've got a problem with, if FFX had no VAs, Tidus would, no doubt, be held in much higher regard

Lol. Meg Ryan?
I think the main problem in FFX is TERRIBLE voice actors. I don't think "terrible" is a suitable enough word either...

The only voice in that game that I was semi-okay with was Auron.

Kimari sounded like the f-ing cookie monster, and Seymour was voiced over by piglet.

LYK OMFG I FKIN H4TE S3PH!R0TH!!!11!!1

Okay, not really <.< I actually DO like Sephiroth, but he's so goddamn over-hyped that it's hard to not hate him.

There's really no FF character that i hate, i've even grown to like Quina. But fanboys/fangirls make it extremely hard to not hate characters.

I really don't like Rinoa. :/ I already explained it in the Rinoa thread.

Other Final Fantasy characters that I hate are some of the Board of Directors of Shinra. Ugh, I despise Scarlet, Palmer, Heideggar and Hojo. Especially Hojo, he's a disgusting character. (Ugh dammit, I'll explain it later.)

I also hated Zorn and Thorn from FFIX.

Last edited:
i don't completely hate any characters, but vaan i had some issues with.

his boring personality and lack of importance to the story really pushed me away, and his clothing didn't help much either. but i still don't hate him, but then again im not a fan either.

I just don't like FF IX in general. I don't know what it is. I think it might just be the character designe that get ot me. The only other FF games I've played before where VII & VIII, both had some good looking sharacter designs. I'm thinking of trying it out soon just to see if I do like it, hadn't played it yet.

Oh, and I LOATH Seymour from FFX. He is just so g-dam annoying! *Frustrated grunt*
Anywho... his laugh gets on my nerves and his metrosexual appearance and V.O is frustrating. The only thing I like about him is his hair. <<??? Yeah, I'd kill to get that hair-do.

Yeah, I kind of get that feeling a lot. I really can't understand how people can hate ANY FF character at all. Yeah I find some of them annoying, like the annoying rants of Tidus but he's still cool. I find that some people hate Tifa because she is respected and because Aerith was killed. Meaning there is only one more person that Cloud could be with which is Tifa. I think.

How many times have I said that people don't support FFIX because of the graphics and designs? I absolutely loathe FFVIII's character designs in comparrison to the rest of the series. FFIX does have a few characters that are underdeveloped, but the main cast is absolutely amazing. (Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner.)

The only one that I dislike, not in a bad way just in a way that I like least than all characters is Ashe. She is kind of a person who would push people away and has this aura that makes it feel as if she was a tomboy. In a bay way though, and she can't seem to accept any truth that is not her's. Its annoying, but I still find her likeable.

How many times have I said that people don't support FFIX because of the graphics and designs? I absolutely loathe FFVIII's character designs in comparrison to the rest of the series. FFIX does have a few characters that are underdeveloped, but the main cast is absolutely amazing. (Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner.)

I loathe FFIX because everyone is dressed like they're getting ready for a play. Classy crap. Plus they're like, midgets. I can't stand playing as a main character that looks all snazzy or has a completely undisturbed mind. They make the game uninteresting and leave you with shit to wonder about their history. Plus, they're midgets again, even in the Cinematic Sequences. :mad2:

FFVIII on the other hand, had an interesting enough storyline going on between Rinoa and Squall. The history of the characters was lame, but it was something worth looking foward to and the growing relationship between Squall and Rinoa is a big plus. A game featuring a warrior with a soul carrying no heavy burden is rather bothersome and annoying. Also, they weren't midgets, which PWNED.

Hmm... At first the only reason I thought I hated the FFIX characters where that their actual drawn art version where kinda in a chibi-esque style. And the whole "monkey-boy" thing? But now, I'm starting to see the better aspects of the game and get around my dislikes. I have plans of buyin it and VIII to add to my FF collection.

The only characters that I really hate are Squall, Rinoa and Ashe. I also hated most FFX characters but that was due to voice acting.

I was okay with Squall in the beginning of FFVIII but soon his attitude just began to annoy me. He treated everyone like crap and he just really didn't have any leadership qualities at all.

Rinoa was okay, not great, but okay until she became the token damsel in distress. I found her character to be a bit annoying and I didn't like her character design, but the whole rescuing thing is what really did it for me.

I just found the other four characters of VIII to be cooler than the lead characters and that probably added fuel to the fire, plus the immense Squall/Rinoa fanbases.

I ended up hating Ashe in FFXII because the game focused around her and she was so damn lifeless. She had no personality or emotions to speak of and by the end of the game, I just wanted to scream every time she was on screen. I'm not really sure what they were trying to convey with her character but they failed miserably.

Back