Favourite Movie

Donnie Darko. It's the ultimate cult mindfuck film. It's one of the only movies that really effected me. It's hard to explain. It's also quite funny in places, but the humour is quite dark. Patrick Swayze's cameo as the motivational speaker/paedophile is great. It's been years since I've seen, mostly because I'm afraid I won't like it as much as I used to.

The Big Lebowski. One of the best comedy films, it's hard to imagine why Adam Sandler still has a career after this was made. It still makes me laugh even after I've seen it three or four times. It has some great one liners, and the characters are good too.

The Crying Game. I like Neil Jordan's films, they're usually about unconventional, and loving the wrong person, and the Crying Game is no different. It's lovely. It's also one of the few films that is much more engaging the second time you watch it.

I actually have a few favorite movies, so I hope it won't be against the thread to post them all. There are so many, but I can try and narrow it down to a smaller list.

House of the Flying Daggers:

My first favorite movie has to be House of the Flying Daggers. The movie is just gorgeous. The directing, the dialouge, the romance, the characters...its absolutely beautiful. Its definitely a memorable movie for me and I don't like subbed movies because I have to read instead of watch.

I can't say much about the movie directly because I could spoil it for those who haven't watched, but if you like Zhang Yimou's work, like Hero, then you'd enjoy this film. However, the film is about a young police captain breaking a woman out of jail who is apart of a rebel group and they fall in love, very good!

The Lord of the Rings (all):

I wouldn't have been honest if this wasn't in the list. I have watched every movie over a thousand times. I watch them on DVD, I watch them on TV whenever they come on and I even watch them on the go.

I absolutely love the movies and books, greatest fantasy/romance/adventure/action film I have ever seen. It has great characters, great acting, beautiful CGI, awesome fight scenes, beautiful languages, cool Dwarves, believable Elves and cool little short people to prove that we (short people) can become Ring Bearers for the great good. :awesome:

Ahem, anyways, love these films to death. Will never grow bored of them (believe me)

Indiana Jones (all):

Another series I am in love with and yet one more that I watch when on TV, on the go or whenever I want to watch a movie.

It has everything; awesome action, humor, incredible story, great acting, an awesome male leading role and always has the coolest fight scenes with the really funny but awesome fake blood and gore.

Star Wars (all):

I can't explain why they are among my favorite. Maybe its Anakin's brilliantly developed character? Maybe its Padme? Or maybe its Obi-Wan or Luke? Or maybe Han? There are so many reasons why its among my favorite that I find it impossible to list them.

The action, the story, the acting...the humor. I very much love these movies.

Evil Dead (1 and 2, 3 is pretty different but still goo):

A good comedy film, or at least I'm told it was for jokes...but am I the only one who found them and continue to find them, actually friggin' scary beyond believe? I love the directing too, helps the mood of the story.

Ash, the coolest and funniest man ever in Horror films who also inspired the coolest cartoon male ever (Hoss Delgado of course!)!

How to train your Dragon:

I can't explain how I much I love this movie. Its very loving, great action, humor...but I think I love it so much not because of dragons which I'm obsessed with, but because of the warm, tender feeling it gives between Hiccup and Toothless.

Forest Gump:

My entire household absolutely loves this film, and why shouldn't they? The film is absolutely amazing. I remember the first time I watched it, I was just a kid but I loved Forest and didn't understand why the other kids wouldn't let him sit with them. Was I the only who thinking "I'd let Forest sit with me, he's cool!"? My brother says he thought that too, but....

Anyways, the story is just -- what I think -- a charm. Forest's character is so caring, so protective and so brilliant. His connections to all these people made me smile, frown and cry, especially when (SPOILER) his
mother, best friend Bubu and love of his life Jenny, die.
. I definitely love this movie and always will. Tom Hanks has always been a fav actor of mine. :33

Eight Below:

I remembered when I saw this. It was so good. A lot of people probably don't like it or agree with me, but it was very touching, especially if you own dogs that are just, well special.

The movie made me cry, a lot. I wanted to kill that man for leaving them there, it was just insane, but I suppose his dedication for them takes away from me wanting to kill him. A great movie indeed.

Some others: Black Swan, Dragonheart and Cast Away.

End Notes:
Wow, so sorry for the long post xD

Some of my favorite movies which immediately spring to mind are:

Donnie Darko: This movie is just awesome really. The plot is a bit confusing but it is incredibly enjoyable. That's all I can say about it really.

American Beauty: I just can't get sick of this movie. It's about a man's search for happiness but it manages to avoid becoming too cliche. It illustrates how people let their insecurities consume them among other things.

Fight Club: This film is great the first time you watch it. It has a great twist, but one of things I like about it is that it doesn't rely on the twist too much. This means that the film is still enjoyable even when you already know the ending. The ideas it presents make it a really interesting movie.

There are many more but these three immediately sprung to mind. I've seen them all many times and they never really get old.

My favorite Movie of all time is Final Fantasy Advent Children :) It really shouldnt be that much of a suprise, but this is my favorite game and to see it in movie form was incredible, it beat spirtis within and majorty of the movies i see every noww and then, Seeing alot of my favorite FF characters in a motion picture just is really awsome to me, I wish they made more FF movies. I dont think no other movie I see will ever make me change my mind about AC.

i can't really say that I have a 'favourite' movie but I have many films which I really really like.

The Matrix. Although I do like the whole trilogy, the first one is such a great film. Makes you think too and if a film makes you think, it's a good film in my book.

The Truman Show. Again, it's another film that makes you think and it's done quite brilliantly.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I know that some people aren't keen but I think the films were excellently produced and all the actors perfectly portrey the characters.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I'm a huge fan of Jim Carrey and this film is just so funny.

And finishing on the theme of Jim Carrey, one more film I'd add to my list of favourites would be Cable Guy. First time I watched it I wasn't too impressed but the more and more I've watched it, the funnier it has become!!!

Toy Story 2! The first movie and the third felt kinda dark to me, but part 2 had a more fun feel to it. I grew up watching 1 & 2 and always preferred 2 more. Sadly I've lost the VHS Tape :(. Maybe I should get the DVD. Lol

My favourite at the moment is Blue Lagoon: The Awakening.

It has Aussie actor Brenton Thwaites and actress Indiana Evans in it.

They both were in Home and Away at one stage too.

It's basically a modern remake of the Blue Lagoon which Brooke Shields starred in years ago.

Such a hot movie!

Ah, here it goes.

OldBoy
While I love all of Park Chan Wook's stuff, to me, this is the film that got me into cinema and so I have to put it at the top. A Great film with some very disturbing twists. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Hot Fuzz
This is just one of those films that is so ridiculous with its twists that it becomes a laugh riot. One of the funniest films I've seen and Simon Pegg pulled it off brilliantly.

Itchi the Killer
I can't explain why I like this so much. Maybe it is due to being so over the top I can't help but laugh. A Weird little film if you can understand the ending.

Blue Velvet
This seems like a prototype to Twin Peaks. And what a prototype it is. Very Suspenseful, pretty damn shocking, one of Lynch's best Films.

Lone Wolf and Cub (#3 and 4)
I can't pick which one I like better out of these two films. But considering they are pretty similar, I will regard them as one and move on. Great action and still keeps up to date in today's world.

Psycho
The film that shocked audiences. I can't describe how much I enjoyed this film. Very much of its time but has still aged well.

The Breakfast Club is hands down the best movie ever made. Not even up for debate IMO.
Between the characters in the movie, how they played their role, everything about this movie is amazing.
2 words for you: John. Bender.
That is all <3

Back