KH Leon...

Howl

Co___okies!!!
Veteran
Gil
Is it just me, or does he have a completely different personality than the FFVIII version? Most of the other characters still bear the same personality and attitudes as they did in the game, but Squall/Leon's personality seems to have done a complete 180 degree flip.

He's no longer shy, confined, and pitiful...now he's a real leader; he's outgoing and he leads people instead of following rules. =x

Well on disc 3 on FF8 he also seems to be stronger and leads the pack. Maybe they are using his newer personality from disc 3 :?

Yeah, I identify with that more Gabranth.

Besides, I guess it's because he doesn't want to lose his new world like he lost his old one, so now he feels the need to help lead the pack in order for that to not happen?
That's the motivation into why he changed I guess?

i say its his disc 3 onward personality is what is present in the KH games

I agree, Leon's new personality goes accordingly to the attitude after Disc 3, in which he becomes leader and abandons his self pity.

After failing to protect his world once, Leon/Squall abandoned his old anti social behavior and became much of a protector and a leader.

Is it just me, or does he have a completely different personality than the FFVIII version? Most of the other characters still bear the same personality and attitudes as they did in the game, but Squall/Leon's personality seems to have done a complete 180 degree flip.

He's no longer shy, confined, and pitiful...now he's a real leader; he's outgoing and he leads people instead of following rules. =x
That's how we leave him in Final Fantasy VIII. It makes sense to keep him the same, afterall.

yeah only one thing i dont get....he is scared of aerith!

when he is in the computer room and they need the virus to beat the MCP aerith glares him down, not entirely the ff8 new squall

they must have stole it from doctor who! soon seifer will turn into a freakishly huge monster and slaughter all of twilight town

but since leon is older why are the other ff characters around the same age they are in their respective games?

Then you might say that Kingdom Hearts is non-canon. Well, it is, regardless of whether or not you say it. Aerith and Sephiroth are both alive, for one thing.

Remember that Sephiroth returned in Advent Children when Kadaj absorbed the remaining genetic code he needed to fully become Sephiroth, thus Sephiroth being brought back to life to get killed again :P

Yeah KH makers forgot to use logic XD

I wouldn't say he is 'alive' he exists but how can someone live if only the light side of them can kill hem?

I noticed that he did change. (I like his new hairstyle too.) So...David Boreanaz. =) Which I like a lot. I like Squall just fine in the game, but I like him twice as better in KH.

He seems to be more of a bad-ass in this game, without actually acting like a jerk (like he did in the game). There's just a few mixtures regarding his personality and that made his character really interesting in my eyes.

Remember that Sephiroth returned in Advent Children when Kadaj absorbed the remaining genetic code he needed to fully become Sephiroth, thus Sephiroth being brought back to life to get killed again :P

Yeah KH makers forgot to use logic XD
Which is why it's non-canon. Unless, for example, Cid actually hid a Gummi-piece in Traverse Town in the original game of Final Fantasy VII, you know, just incase Maleficent stuck her head in :P

Squall fits his personality perfectly. Especially in the first game when he is very cold and aloof, leaning against the wall, and hardly speaking.

Well, from what I've played of FF8, yes, he does seem to have changed his attitude quite a bit. You can still see the old Squall in him, but he's also a new, more of a leader Leon. I personally loved his character in the Kingdom Hearts games. It was a nice twist to him. Though, I played KH before FF8, so to me, he'll always be Leon the Leader instead of Squall the Loner.

I'd like to think that Leon is the Squall from the end of FFVIII. This would of course mean that he is a good deal more social and actually smiles. That would explain how his personality is a contrast from FFVIII being that it really isn't, as the conclusion drawn from the ending of FFVIII is that Squall is now a team player who cares for his comrades and is a much more pleasant person.

Many of Kingdom Hearts' Final Fantasy cameos are nothing like the version of the characters that we're familiar with from Final Fantasy.

Unlike the Disney characters, which seemed to be pulled straight from the cartoons and films in their canon character designs and personalities, etc, the Final Fantasy characters are all completely redesigned. I think perhaps the only characters who have been brought into the game without major changes are Tifa and Yuffie, and one version of Cloud (Advent Children versions, seen in Kingdom Hearts 2). Aerith also at least looks similar to her FF counterpart.

If we think about some of the other FF cameos for a moment...
Tidus is a child playing with a stick.
Wakka is a child playing with a ball.
Selphie is a child with a skipping rope.

These three children all reference FF characters, and bear children play-time versions of their weapons and wear the same names, but otherwise they are nothing like the FF characters at all. When I first played Kingdom Hearts (after expecting to see lots of FF cameos) I actually thought that I was having a weird dream in which all of the cameos were off. I woke up and played the game again in the morning and realised that it was no dream.

Setzer in Kingdom Hearts is far from being the lively gambler character that we know from FFVI. This character is less of a daring, flirting, adventurous sort, and instead there is something quite amiss about him. This Setzer spends his days whacking kids on the heads with a foam batton...

Yuna, Rikku and Paine have been turned into pixies... They might have been starring in a Charlie's Angels meets Barbie game, but nothing about FFX-2 suggested that they turned into magical fairies and moved in with Tinkerbell at the end.

Cloud must have killed Vincent in the Kingdom Hearts universe, and he has stolen his cape. In doing so he also appears to have hurt his sword, and he has put plasters and bandages on his sword until it feels better.

Cid Highwind looks quite similar, but he has a toothpick instead of a cigar. It's been a while since I played Kingdom Hearts, but I can imagine that Disney censored his swearing as well, and he probably just yells and talks about gummi.

So, if we look at some of these characters, and then look back at Leon... Leon's major change was his name. Because people who like Disney might have difficulty pronouncing a name like Squall, or something like that. I don't really know the reasons, but that's okay, I didn't care too much. Leon is quite cold and stand-offish at times in Kingdom Hearts, like he is in FFVIII, so I didn't think he was totally different. However, like the other cameos, he really is his own character and is NOT the same character as Squall in FFVIII.

We should possibly think of some of these cameos as fan-service references to characters, rather than imagining our beloved heroes actually being plucked from their respective game universes and placed down in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Back