FFXII was too short in my opinion.

~rebellion~

Assassain
Gil
Square should of put more dunguns of missions in it. they could of added more conflict also. i beat it in a little under two and a half weeks. it usually takes me a little over three months to beat a FF game that i've never played before.

Have you gotten all the special missions and beat all the sidequests as well?

I also UD. I wanted more drama and stuff. I didn't think the characters were horrible but, the story could've been much better.

no i havent beat all of the sidequests or special missions but even with those it doesnt add any excitment or thrills. besdes the Genji battle all of the side missions are too easy.

Yes I thought the story was short but this time I am not complaining mainly because I thought it was good to get the game out of the way for now. ^_^

Meh, the game was way too predictable/easy, but its FF none the less plus it had a totaly new battle system so yea... C'mon MGS4

i liked the battle system and it was too predictable. those are good points but as sumukai said it is FF non the less so... ya gotta respect Squares leap at a new way of playing role playing games (ie: new battle system, being able to switch charactors ant any point in the game, and a new system of gain skills[licences])

Mehhhhh. This game is only short if you choose to avoid the sidequests. The game has a LOT of hunting sidequests, as well as Esper sidequests. But...the game was never completed, meaning...it could have/may have been better.

..Yet another bash FFXII thread - I'd have thought you could have posted opinions in other such threads around here. Story = predictable? Then that goes for every other FF out there. What's different about this story is that the main "villain" isn't trying to destroy the world. The game, easy? Yeah, if you overlevelled.

The story could have been longer, but I felt the Side-Quests made up for it, Considering they were testing out a new Battle System, I didn't expect the story to be as long as X, or anything like that.

I enjoyed playing it, but I felt it was over as soon as I became fully immersed in the story. Like mentioned in another post, it seemed sporadic between long journeys around - for example - the Yensa sandseas. However should the story have been thrown around frivolously, it wouldn't have been half as enjoyable.

More FMV's would've been appreciated, and potentially elongating the story in some ways, but I felt it was okay the way it was really.

I think every FF is too short. I never want them to end; save for FFVIII.
No FF is ever good enough; they all have their ups and downs, and no matter what, people will find a way to pick at each game. If you don't like FFXII, don't play it. There are other square games out there. If you want to play something that's oldschool and original, go buy the remakes, or play the original oldschool games; they do still exist. =\

i never said i dont like it im just sayin that it could of ben a bit longer i appriciate the game for the way it is and im not saying that its not a good game its a very awsome game

Well yeah the story was a little short.....But it's my favourite FF so I'm not complaining!!!!! probably what made it my fav FF was the battle, licence and gambits. I did really like the story and characters though:)

I have not yet beaten the game but the way I am going through it doing all the hunts and all the sidequests and leveling up all my characters and keeping them the same levels and getting every piece of the license board and all the espers and making everybody have the best equipment according to what I want them to be. This game is going to prove to be quite long indeed. The game is only too short if you raced through the main storyline with just three main characters just leveling them up and what not.

I did dislike the story line. It was boring and it had long drawn out periods of nothing. =/. We needed more conflict and team cooperation. More suspense and drama. It just wasn't there for me. The battle system made up for it though.

The battle system has kept me into the game at some down times. but really..i dont mind power leveling in this one. In some of the other ff games( SOME) the power leveling got really tedious and one time i fell asleep fighting this level 75 zombie dude and i was level 69....i won ..jk

It seemed rushed to me, it was good for what its worth but nothing exciting, well the battle system was pretty good or 'Orgasmic' as my friend puts it.

The battle system was done really well. I like leveling in this game. I just wanted more story! I felt empty when the game ended. =/.

Back