You Spoony Bard!

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Whats the real deal with this line? i Heard that it was a translation error or something but then i heard that it was censorship? censorship of what? whats the real line meant to say?

Bu i thought it was a funny line anyway :lol: Your thoughts on the line? and maybe an answer to my question?

Yes it is censorship. The line is supposed to be "You son of a bitch!"

Since the line was so popular they kept it in for the PS and the GBA version.

LOL I just started this game and I totally forgot that the Spoony Bard line was in FFIV! Oh man, another thing to look forward too. I actually never knew it was a translation error though, interesting.

There is a band that plays video game music at anime cons and their band name is "The Spoony Bards" They play FF, Chrono Trigger, Zelda, and just about any other vg music. They're really good too.

I think it's corny. I was actually surprised that they kept it in the GBA version

It wasn't THAT funny was it?
Just depends on how your humor is bent, man. I didn't find it hilarious, but is it one of those moments like Kefka's "Son of a Submariner!" in FFVI that just sticks out as a classic FF series quote.

I was told it was a translation error. They miss translated a lot in the ff serise, especially in the early ones... Spoony bard is funny though. But sometimes they were too literal with the translation's.

Spoony Bard is so much better xD But like someone said it just depends on your sense of humor. I love corny, off the wall humor like that. So I'm glad it was kept :P

It wasn't THAT funny was it?

You have no soul. Your comment just melted babies. Babies!

By the by, Spoony = stupid and Bard = Edward, Tellah is calling Edward Stupid. Not the most appropriate response to finding your daughter dead, but then again Tellah is old and confused.

Yes they did. I actually heard about this famous line even before I played FFIV on the GBA and DS version, so I was dying to see it. And it did made me chuckle. :D I know it's supposed to be an emotional scene between Edward and Tellah, but "Son of a bitch" was a little too much so they made it a little comical instead. I like it much better that way.

Back