Advent One-Winged Angel

Yeah, I do think the actual fight between Cloud & Sephy was short. but action packed! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time whilst I watched it the first time in Japanese. They did a good job with the AC version of One-Winged Angel as well. ^_^

How can this battle get any battle? It was so intense! Sephiroth got Cloud down, but he got back up and fought back!

AngelofDestiny said:
How can this battle get any battle? It was so intense! Sephiroth got Cloud down, but he got back up and fought back!

And that's what was wrong about it. Sephiroth should have got him down and Cloud should have stayed down.

If they were gonna make the fight the same amount of time as the song they should have made it longer. Or at least play it when they actually started fighting. Other than that it was great. ^_^

Relatively short, yes, but it made you all thirst to watch it again, yes? :P

I think they should have diverted some of the camera attention to Sephiroth, rather than Cloud. He's got this air of calm about him, even in an environment where debris is crashing down from great heights, buildings are on fire, and massive chunks of buildings are falling about them. How could anyone focus on an awe-inspiring battle, and apply as much pressure on the opposition under such circumstances? One thing's for sure, Sephiroth is indeed the man of the year, just as Hitler was for Time magazine, in 1938.

Insanity, pure insanity.

But yeah, I loved this scene to no end. Seeing more of the Masamune would have been nice, too.

What I generally meant by "see more of it", was what Sephiroth does with it. It's destructive capabilities are clearly displayed in the scene, and would have been nice seeing a little more clashing of swords, rather than hurling of boulders, etc.

And it was me who said it, not Andrew...

My band and I are thinking of doing our own Metal rendition of One-Winged Angel as a set filler for awhile. Tis gonna be sweet.

Back