How long did it take you to finish the game?

ho long did it take you to finish the game

• below 40 hours

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • below 60 hours

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • below 80 hours

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • below 100 hours

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • above 100 hours

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • havent finished the game yet

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Damnnnn how many times have you left your system on overnight!?

I beat the main boss around the 80 hour mark so I went with that option.

i did it around 35 hours and 90 hours after doing everything

Same here, about 35 hours to complete the actual storyline itself, but just a little over 80 hours completing all of the hunts & side quests etc....

the first time i finished it : 30 hours (just did the mainstory)

the secound time i finished it : 60 hours (did the hunts, sidequests and espers)

the thrid time i finished it : 80 hours (did everything and spend some time admiring the game)

so totally... I SPENT 170 hours in the game! :O

is this my favorite ff game??????????????????????

I find it hard to believe without decent levelling up you could complete the game in 30hrs..

Anyway, I've done like..very tiny sidequests. Not many hunts, only a couple of other things. I'd say..take away 5hrs, and so far, I'm left with 40hrs through going through the main story. I'm currently in Sochen palace.

yeah thats the thing^ i never lv up properly for the main game in any ff
i always underlv and i dont do it on purpose

i actually left the game on for ages while i eat my dinner and do other things so technically i haven't got 90 hours of pure gameplay

I do that sometimes, leave a game on pause. However, when I leave it on pause, the timer does not go up..so technically I haven't wasted any extra time :P

lol i dont leave it on pause i keep in on noramlly cause i like to listen to the music ^_^

I find it hard to believe without decent levelling up you could complete the game in 30hrs..

Anyway, I've done like..very tiny sidequests. Not many hunts, only a couple of other things. I'd say..take away 5hrs, and so far, I'm left with 40hrs through going through the main story. I'm currently in Sochen palace.

if you dont want to believe than dont any how this is quite easy just dont waste your time dont explore much and dont try to lvl up beside the story line have bad equipment and most have an eagerness to finish the game then its possible

Yeah, maybe not 30 exact, but you should be able to finish the storyline around 35+. After looking at my save file it was more like 37 hours. ;)

The bosses in this game aren't that hard to beat and that includes
the final boss
. Sure, being at a decent level helps, but with the gambit system and ability to change your characters out on the fly, does make it fool proof and not to mention, next to impossible to die.

Last edited:
if you dont want to believe than dont any how this is quite easy just dont waste your time dont explore much and dont try to lvl up beside the story line have bad equipment and most have an eagerness to finish the game then its possible

storyline have bad equipment? Right..
Funny, F. F. Fan, bosses are surprisingly difficult, and I've had to level up big time to stand a chance of getting through tough packs of fiends. :huh:

there were certain bosses that was hard like mateus and ghis (alot of people get stuck on ghis)

The best equipment is aqquired in sidequests so the main game dosnt have good equipment if you compare them to masamune and tournesol

Funny, F. F. Fan, bosses are surprisingly difficult, and I've had to level up big time to stand a chance of getting through tough packs of fiends. :huh:

Huh? *shrugs*, not sure what to tell ya. I truthfully didn't find it to be all that difficult of a game as far as boss battles went.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know where I saved a lot of time, the Henne Mines. I found this to be one of the best places to level up all of my characters in a short amount of time. It's been several months since I've played, but I think I remember closing gates and being overwhelmed by bats, Now I forgot what Magic gambit I set, but my characters would cast it on the bats and as simple as that they would die giving me huge amounts of EXP in the process.

LOL... I'll admit, I'm Obsessive Compulsive when it comes to leveling up my characters in any FF. :P If I find an area that gets the job done quickly, I won't stop until all are maxed out and it has to be one the first things to get out of the way, no cheating mind you. ;)

First time through, it took me around sixty hours. I have this bad habit as well to leave the game paused on the menu rather than the actual "pause screen" while the timer continues to add up the time. I didn't do many of the sidequests (I didn't have the strategy guide yet.. I didn't want to spoil things the first time around, y'know) and I tried to level up and outfit my party as best as I could without all of the hidden special items/equipment, etc.

Back