Junctioning

• Thread starter Judge Ghis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Judge Ghis

What did you think to it? First time round, I hated it, second time around I loved it - my characters are physically stronger, and I have no need to use magic anymore!

Just like you to go with the phsyically strong. While I made my characters into excellent mages.

I liked some aspects of the Junction system like being able to apply your own choice of abilities and commands.

I however did not ike the fact you had to junction your magic to our stats to increse them for obvious reasons. It is not a good thing when using magic in battle makes you weaker.
Though I imagine this is an anoyane that only applies to those of us who used magic to a greater extent. Those who preferd to muscle on through were lucky.

I really didnt like using magic much, seing as this would hinder the power the magic is Junctioned to, so Im basicly brute force all the way, not to mention magic simply wont do against foes like Omega IMO.

It is true magic was not the best thing to use against Omega but I got away with it myself. No idea how probarly using loads of heros was the main reason for my survival.

Aura I loved that spell unfortunatly it was also one of those spells that put up your stats most. Just like Ultima, Full-Life, Flare and all the high power spells. The more I think of it the more I hate the Junction system.

I was going to play the game again but now I do not know if I will bother.

The junction system is crap. I used a code to get infinite vit up, str up, ect. I like to use my magic without it decreasing my stats when its junctioned.

Nice to see someone who hates it as much as I. Though I look down on cheaters, I found it hard but I still did it. I can not stand cheating no matter how many times I have already done a game.

I don't mind it, but it can make things a little too easy. It takes the challenge away from the game because you can basically make your characters super strong without any effort. But I did love the idea, it was different from what other Final Fantasy's were like up to that point and it was a nice change. But I couldn't cope with it in any other game.

Trust me if you used mainly magic it did not make the game easier. Especially the battle with griever when he removed one of your spells it was one that you use a lot and/or was junctioned to your HP or something I hated that move.

He liked to get rid of anything with ara in it. I just used Rinoa's Angel Wings and let her go berserk with her magic. :D

I loved Rinoa's angel wings move that was my number one fav limit on VIII and the main reason I always use Rinoa. It was indeed sticking a finger up at Greiver was that move. Though I never dared use it against Omega, not a battle to lost control in was that.

The chances of getting invincible moon were so small but when it happend I was overjoyed.

It was interesting that Omega's moves were linier he did the same moves in the same order so once you knew it you could prepere for it. I still have them written down actually.

I really dont like magic, the only time I use magic is when I use like cure or something along those lines, or when i have like Demi, or Ultima.(sp?)

I am beggining to think not many of us who layed VIII used magic. Was this purley because of the junction system or was it because the magic seemed quite weak at first I wonder?

I liked it from the word "Go!" It was very well explained and I had no problem with it, although I had to check up on how to do things sometimes.

I love junctioning. It's such a fresh new idea in terms of FF, and maybe that's a lot of the reason people didn't like FFVIII, because it was so different.

I would spend a lot of time just drawing magic from enemies and then maxing out stats. I enjoy games better when I'm the most powerful one. Then I'm not so worried about that I can concentrate on the storyline, which I'll admit was pretty boring in some places if not most.............why four disks...........

Junction death to a party member :D Killing machine.

Back